Ground bait question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyeater

When using chopped worm and caster or hemp, when float fishing, how is it presented, is it mixed with bread crumb and thrown?

How do you accurately hit the right area or isn't it that important?

[8D]

Piker

i mix the chopped worm with casters hemp some corn and white crumb as the binding material. As for how accurately i would say about a foot from float would be no problem but anymore ur certainly risking it

):)::--Piker--:::)(

brady

it all depends on what you trying to catch if for example bream are the target accuracy isnt that important because a shoal of bream can take up a large area of the bottom and if you bait only a tight area only a few will get to the feed as bream tend to graze along the bottom

the devil created work to stop me fishing!

martin.

Account Locked
i cup it in neat unless the waters running then i use bait dropper

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Hiya Happyeater, If the fish you are trying to catch are bottom feeders or fish that predominantly feed in the bottom layer and the water is going to be say 8 foot or more deep then I would use a bait dropper to eliminate all the loose stuff going all over, and possibly feeding other fish on the way down. Another way you could do it if you don't have a bait dropper is to mix a ground bait with a percentage of P.V.I. binder that will hold it all together till it hits the bottom. Hope that's been of some use to you.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Happyeater

Thanks, guys.

So really the secret is fish a float close enough in so that the accuracy is there'ish'?

[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.