Ground Bait Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
help.gif I have been course fishing for 6 months but I think the fish are getting more out of it than me. I am turning to alcoholic2.gif .

I find that using a catapult is making me very icon_smile_angry.gif as I spray the maggots every where, so I resulted to a Pole pot system but this is inefficient when wanting to loose feed.

I am able to free both hands but using the clever claw (a device I can strongly recommend thumbsup.gif ), but when using the cursed tool called a catapult I still fail, please make someone icon_smile_big.gif

What should I do?

Polepot

martin.

Account Locked
hi polepot
it could be the catty u r using
for loose feeding maggots you only need a very light one
trev tomlin & drennan both do a good pole catty
but if you can get hold of a polecat they came out about 5/6years
ago then they are perfect for loose feeding pole line 1 handed
but i havnt seen them on sale in my area for a while

tight lines.
martin.

AlexR

you could use one of thos easy one handed feeder devices, but it would be better to learn to use a catapult. it really isnt difficult, you just need to keep practising. use a drennan catty, havent found any better. make sure the elastic is strong enough for the range. i really dont know any reason why you are having problems other than your catty, it only takes a little bit of practise.

;)

norm

IF YOU CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH A CATTY WHY DONT YOU DO WHAT I DO

get a pingpong ball cut a hole out of the top and at the bottom
put small holes in to put on your pole,
the little pot will then quite happily sit on the end of your pole all day without having to take it off,
just fill the pot every time you ship back or change bait,
and you feed perfect every time
icon_smile_wink.gif

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

norm

p.s colour the pingpong ball black with a marker pen and it will not stand out as muchicon_smile_big.gif

AlexR

you have to be able to catapult bait effectively, it saves time, creates a splash more than a cup does and is better in some situations. you cant use a cup if you have to keep feeding for fishing up in the water, unless you want to ship in every time. learn with a catty, it doesnt take long and is really useful.

;)

norm

alexr i totaly agree with you mate in the summer
but this time of year trust me icon_smile_cool.gif
i had 60lb on sunday and 80lb on monday
this time off year is not the time of year to splash loose feed all over the water

norm

i am not trying to be clever it is just a fact
as i am sure you know

AlexR

i know what you mean norm, just that you have to be able to use catapult. the little pot/kinder egg is better in some situations, you need to learn all the feeding skills really.

;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
One thing that I saw at the Doncaster Show was a Drip Feeder for pole fishing. It consisted of a container that clipped onto the end of your pole. The container had a number of small holes in it and a lid.
The idea was that you filled the container with maggots, put the lid on and then shipped your pole out. The maggots would then slowly crawl out of the container and drip feed over your rig. I don't know if anyone else saw it or have any contact info for it.

When using a catapult the biggest mistake that people make is to use too strong an elastic especially for loose feeding. Go for a weaker elastic, use one with a cup rather than a pouch and when firing out fill the cup, hold the catty side on to your swim and as you pull on the elastic, turn the catty so that it is at 90 degrees to the vertical (like this >- ). As you let go of the cup give the catapult a quick flick forward and your maggots should stay together and land somewhere near your target.

icon_smile.gif Dave

MALC

A cheap way to drip feed a pole swim is to get the plastic pot scourers (spellings rubbish) from the kitchen (when the misses aint looking) put 1 in your bait box with your maggots then after five mins you'll find loads of maggots have crawled init.

Slide this over the tip of your pole then ship out and you get a stream of bait falling directly on top of your float.

Just another way to feed.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey Malc,

I like the sound of that and it's one for me to try.

Never too young to learn - Dave icon_smile_big.gif

scouse

'River Man'
HI Dave
why not just clip a small
pole cup on end of the pole dip in water
put pinkie or maggot in cup they will crawl out over
your float easy or what
dave(scouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.