Ground bait - anyone tried this one?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have used it before. 2 bags might seem a bit over the top but when you think that there are 4 of us share it, for the money it's cheaper to get it like that. It mixes well and comes out the feeders alright, no clogging up. I find that if I mix some green swim-stim to it, works well on difficult waters. (y) The mix I use is 2 kilo of crumb to 1 kilo green swim-stim, a really good mixing and then split it into 1 kilo bags. Then it's just a case of grab a bag and go.

Last edited:

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I have used it before. 2 bags might seem a bit over the top but when you think that there are 4 of us share it, for the money it's cheaper to get it like that. It mixes well and comes out the feeders alright, no clogging up. I find that if I mix some green swim-stim to it, works well on difficult waters. (y) The mix I use is 2 kilo of crumb to 1 kilo green swim-stim, a really good mixing and then split it into 1 kilo bags. Then it's just a case of grab a bag and go.
Can you explain your mix to me then, where does the fishmeal you ordered come into the equation with the crumb and green swim stim?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Can you explain your mix to me then, where does the fishmeal you ordered come into the equation with the crumb and green swim stim?

2 kilo of that groundbait plus 1 kilo bag green swim-stim groundbait (the swim-stim contains betain)...mix that together (dry). If you want more fishmeal, then put some micro's through a grinder until it's a powder..mix that into the dry mix.
Now, the night before you go fishing, mix as normal groundbait, just a slightly bit damper than usual. Then add some 4mm pellet (whole), bag it up and put in fridge overnight. When you come to use it the following day you'll find the pellet in the mix will be just like you've soaked them normally, just the right firmness for hooking or feeding and will sink. Get to your spot and the grounbait mix is ready for use, no mixing or faffing about, and pellet are perfect. Just fill the feeder (or hand ball it in) and away you go. To give a bit of ummph I usually add some hemp at the bankside. (y) If using the pole, use 6mm green swim-stim or fishmeal pellet over the top of the groundbait
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
They'll be getting it back in stock, after all, they'll not lose sales on something that sells out that fast.

Fishplate 42

Two Dog Ralph
Somebody mention groundbait?

You can find all the recipes (Free!) for groundbait and boilies HERE.

Ralph.

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I've just rung the company and they reckon it'll be restocked within about a week.

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
Hi Lol, Have you got the contact details of who you spoke too so I can keep updated
thanks

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
It's copdock mill in Sussex. I'd just keep an eye on Amazon.

markthemouse