Ground bait and Additive (smells)

squimp

Site Supporter
Belachan fermented shrimp paste 🤢🤢🤮

I used to add hot water to it, outside, then pump my expanders in it. Bream love it, as do Pike
Carp are quite partial to it too.

In the days when we made our own boilies, maybe 25/30 years ago, that additive was on the ‘secret’ list.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
Carp are quite partial to it too.

In the days when we made our own boilies, maybe 25/30 years ago, that additive was on the ‘secret’ list.
I used to use the soya flour, semolina, maize flour, eggs, sugar, and vanilla mix aged 15 on the cut - Jon in 1987

Recipe was in the little catch magazine 😊

CarpCatcher86

It doesn't matter what my favourite flavour or favourite smelling groundbait or additive is, I'm not the one eating it.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sensas Lake has gotta be one of the best smelling, very good groundbait too

the strangest has to be the Old Ghost Green, open the packet, mix it and the aroma is weird, and it gave me a headache after a while

the one that got me near thrown out the house was Marukyu liquid Krill, it came in a poly plastic bag sachet thing and you really needed to transfer it to another airtight container once opened, the first time I done that, wench was in the sitting room and I was down the kitchen, she done her nut and threw a right wobble at me before she started retching, its been banned ever since on pain of de-nutting me, I gotta admit it is bad though,

commieboy257

Account Locked
I'll be honest the best run I had on fish was from using my own layers pellet based groundbait flavoured with molasses. nothing fancy and the carp were queuing up for it.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Monster Crab is one of my favourites, the most pungent ones ive smelt are UTCS from Nutrabaits. :poop:

solwood

Site Supporter
Pukka Salmon the old rod Hutchison flavour - stank !!

Think it was VDE expo I iy sed and SuperTed and I both agreed it smelt like puke!

Nice smells

Scopes
Maple8
Perfection groundbait choc orange boilies

Ben Field

Amazed nobody has mentioned the Dynamite Sweet F1. I could mix that up and have it for dessert!
I’m normally all about the old school favourites. VDE Superlake, Sensas Lake etc. Saying that, currently my favourite and most typically roachy smelling bait is the Spotted Fin Naturals black roach mix. Blimmin lovely.

ben carvosso

Love the smell of source. Think fenugreek is involved.
I've used some nasty ones some which I still have and are banned from the house
Original hutchy secret agent. Stinks and stays on your hands for days but the tench love it. Also fish gutz from dynamite . Have an old bottle but think they released it.

Some of the classic grojndbaits remind me of starting out. Expo, tanches,