Ground bait and Additive (smells)

Line Clip

Over the years I have smelt countless ground bait mixes and additives , What is your favourite smelling ground bait or
additive you like the most REGARDLESS AS TO WHETHER IT WORKS OR NOT.
My favourite is Mainline Cell I have used this for years, well before it came on to the match fishing shelves
A guy fishing for specimen carp put me onto it and I just love the aroma that you get from it, (wont go fishing without it)
There are so many now, and I think every Match angler has a concoction of smelly additives on there side tray
One of the strongest smelling additives I have smelt was a spray called STINKY STUFF very powerful, get it on your hands,
Its there for days,
Top angler Nick Speeds tub of yellow WASHSTERS have a small bottle in with the pellets, that has a pugnant smell that is very
different to other flavours.
Sensas ground bait Magic also one called Lake, ARE very sweet smelling ground-baits, the list is endless.
Sonu as you know do a wide range of smellies, as do Dynamite , also the specimen carp range is huge and mind blowing.
Do you anglers like the smell of these, SCOPEX, KRILL, TIGER-NUT, SQUID, BANOFEE, BRASEM, (just to mention a few) ?
What smelling additives would you NOT USE because of the aroma they give off ?

Last edited by a moderator:

smiffy

Site Supporter
Brasem. Love the smell. Don’t know wether it works but my head thinks it does👍
I quite like the smell of Sensas Lake aswell.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
These are working really well at the moment-maggot enhancers -scopex, vanilla, banana,wild berry 7215EC7A-08C8-4A41-9369-A1832210E910.jpeg

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
These are working really well at the moment-maggot enhancers -scopex, vanilla, banana,wild berry 7215EC7A-08C8-4A41-9369-A1832210E910.jpeg
Our local tackle shop doesn't stock those, but I've heard good things about them. Would be interested in trying the Wild Berry and the Vanilla.

ATTICUS FINCH

Magic ,lake and Brasem ,love all three and they all work .tanches is another that has a very chocolatey smell and very pleasant ,also works well for skimmers.
Assasinate is a more savoury smell and works very well for carp.
There's so many that smell good to us .but do the fish like it is more to the point

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Thanks buddy. Do they have a website?
Yes mate , they do some other flavours as well, krill, almond, nutmeg, plus some others I can’t remember....prior to these I was spraying my maggots 3-4 times a week with liquid flavours, but it can get messy 🤷‍♂️I love this new groundbait and pellet range as well 🍫 🍊 E0CB7482-B833-4E2B-8A35-0AB4DA40BED8.jpeg

Last edited:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
IS HE STILL OPEN OR HAS HE CLOSED DOWN FOR GOOD NOW PETER ? IM SHOUTING BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU MAYBE DOWN THE PONDS ? 🤣🤣🤣
PRANNOCK. :ROFLMAO:

Depends what you mean by open. For baits etc. he's doing a phone and collect but is opening 3 or 4 days a week this month so members can renew thier book or for new members to join.