grinding to dust and bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggot dangler

just wondering what would be the best thing to use for crushing hard pellets/hemp etc. sometimes i would like it to dust and sometimes a bit bigger. my thoughts are a cheap coffee grinder, liquidizer or just a big hammer and whack it for dust or give it a little love tap for bigger.

whats your thoughts?

dczip

I use the wifes liquidider,but she aint all that happy about it so i now wait till she's out,after i've done with it I wash and dry it and put it back exactly as i found it.Just keep giving the pellets a short blast till you get the courseness you want.Dont get caught though...

Matt79n

This seems to be the thing....

20106140248_thumbnailCATN04WZ.jpg

Korda krusha. Think they're about a tenner.

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
This hand mill is the best thing that I have found for pellets, vitalin etc. It's much stronger than the meat grinder ones, and saves you having to fight the missus for her liquidiser.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hand-driven-wheat-mill-corn-coffee-peppers-oats-grinder_W0QQitemZ360268885886QQihZ023QQcategoryZ13930QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D783111599106826997

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Matt79n

This seems to be the thing....

20106140248_thumbnailCATN04WZ.jpg

Korda krusha. Think they're about a tenner.

BRILLIANT piece of kit....i have the larger version [:T]

maggot dangler

just been to get a krusha, went for a smaller one as i was advised in the tackle shop it was better for hard pellets and hemp. the hand mill looks very good auto, does it only grind to 1 size?

nelson66

i bought a second hand blender from a car boot for 2 - great for bread, hemp, pellets etc (also used for making her soup if shes annoyed me).

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
I've only used the grinder to powder pellets to make groundbait or paste, so I'm not sure how flexible it is , but it says on the box that you can vary the size. You release the spring tension on the handle to allow a larger size to pass through. Wound up tight the powder will pass through a flour sieve.

I've never found an electric motor that was up to the job of grinding pellets. Not for under 100 anyway

cess monkey

I`ve bought a mini food chopper/ processor from poundstretchers today 7.99 it blitzes pellets to dust in seconds. I dont know how long it will last for but if it lasts a year i`ll be well pleased. Any less and its going back!
Still getting a hand grinder too...

MALC

Originally posted by cess monkey

I`ve bought a mini food chopper/ processor from poundstretchers today 7.99 it blitzes pellets to dust in seconds. I dont know how long it will last for but if it lasts a year i`ll be well pleased. Any less and its going back!
Still getting a hand grinder too...

With a 25kg sack it'll last roughly less than 2 hours and then the motor burns out (been there done that) lol

cess monkey

Malc, i only want to make enough for paste and maybe to add to groungbait. 25kg! surely you can buy ready ground or pre pellet mix so there would be no need to do your own for such large quantities.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Auto thanks for that, I have been through 4 blenders and 3 hand held liquidisers etc in the last 12 months. Cess monkey, try doing 25kg of goat feed at a time and you always get a funny burning smell in the kitchen.

My hand grinder isnt suitable for fishing, its too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.