grinding pellets

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do no bait companies sell gtound pellets?

Yes they do Sensas springs to mind as does Sonubaits. There are others

Buy 20kg of skrettings for £40 and grind yourself

Or pay something like £60/£70 for the equivilent "named" ground pellet!

I reckon it's a no brainer to be honest, grind yourself and you get the bonus of getting consistency how you want it.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Buy 20kg of skrettings for £40 and grind yourself

Or pay something like £60/£70 for the equivilent "named" ground pellet!

I reckon it's a no brainer to be honest, grind yourself and you get the bonus of getting consistency how you want it.
If you tend to use a lot of pellets regularly for one reason or another then it does make sense to bulk buy. However there is the cost of a decent grinder that is going to stand the punishment you put it through say @ grinding 2 kg a time, and the power (if it is not a manual one) at around what - 2500 watts?

I tend to go for a fishmeal groundbait and/or a feeder mix to go with any pellet additive/method mix. That suits my style, but I'm only usually out for a max of once a fortnight these days, and then for no more than 5 hours at a time. I don't really use enough bait to justify buying large quantities which I couldn't carry anyway

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you tend to use a lot of pellets regularly for one reason or another then it does make sense to bulk buy. However there is the cost of a decent grinder that is going to stand the punishment you put it through say @ grinding 2 kg a time, and the power (if it is not a manual one) at around what - 2500 watts?

I tend to go for a fishmeal groundbait and/or a feeder mix to go with any pellet additive/method mix. That suits my style, but I'm only usually out for a max of once a fortnight these days, and then for no more than 5 hours at a time. I don't really use enough bait to justify buying large quantities which I couldn't carry anyway

I normally grind mine into 1kg bags and then drop them in the freezer ready for when i want them :)