Grimsbury Reservoir nr Banbury

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Evening All

Got a match here on Sunday. Anybody have any tips and advice about the venue.

Thanks in advance.

mark67

Site Supporter
Method feeder with pellets and wafters yellow are best its a good 20 foot deep so i use a sticky pellet liquid takes a while for them the bream to to rock up but when they do they are proper dustbin lids no small ones groundbait not allowed

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Definitely a bream water so worth trying any of the usual bream feeder methods but yes pellets over ground bait and is deep at a fair chuck.

jasonb

Account Locked
Can anyone give me advice on the res,want to fish it but I haven’t got a clue how you go about it?

mark67

Site Supporter
Can anyone give me advice on the res,want to fish it but I haven’t got a clue how you go about it?

Method feeder tactics with wafters yellow are best its deep so use a sticky mix groundbait not allowed takes a while for them to rock up but when they do they are proper dustbin lids

jasonb

Account Locked
Method feeder tactics with wafters yellow are best its deep so use a sticky mix groundbait not allowed takes a while for them to rock up but when they do they are proper dustbin lids

Is there opening and closing times?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
No but it is gated when i went the combination padlock was broken but that was last year dont know if they have replaced it now check with banbury gunsmiths
I thought Banbury Gunsmiths had given the fishing side of the shop up. ?
It was mentioned last year when I went in for some bait, he asked where I was going, I mentioned Drayton Leisure on edge of Banbury, not fished it for number of years,was informed its fishing good, Got there and place closed down, no golf course or fishing, just barn conversion type houses dotted around.

mark67

Site Supporter
I thought Banbury Gunsmiths had given the fishing side of the shop up. ?
It was mentioned last year when I went in for some bait, he asked where I was going, I mentioned Drayton Leisure on edge of Banbury, not fished it for number of years,was informed its fishing good, Got there and place closed down, no golf course or fishing, just barn conversion type houses

BDAA have the rights to fish it day tickets are available the bailiff comes round late afternoon sailing club on it.
The padlock was a combination lock but was broken when i went.