greys prodigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyncar6

hi,just aquired a greys prodigy 11/13ft feeder rod.anybody got any feedback on this rod.ta

tomgriffin

Forgive me for sounding stupid, but wouldn't it have been better asking for advice before you purchased the rod???

Anyway i have had a few greys rods, not the one you have but i know they are great quality

Thom

Grey's are british built rods, with a very good reputation for quality. they have only recently gone into the coarse angling market in the past few years, however, after trying their products from the prodigy range i can honestly say you've got some bloody good gear!

They arn't the most popular rods but i think this could just be due to the age of the range of items as i know of several people rating them very highly.

mangrojack

i have every single prodigy rod out.

i have had fish up to 15lb on the 11/13ft feeder its superb one of best feeder rods i have ever owned

glyncar6

.[it just so happens that i did not purchase the Rod, i actually won it in the "Improve your course fishing magazine" competion,along with 13'/15'float rod and berwick centre pin reel, and as beggers cannot be choosers,it did not come with advice attached.quote]Originally posted by tomgriffin

Forgive me for sounding stupid, but wouldn't it have been better asking for advice before you purchased the rod???

Anyway i have had a few greys rods, not the one you have but i know they are great quality
[/quote]

Thom

glyn youve got yourself a couple of bloody good rods there!

davyr

Originally posted by metalforever

Grey's are british built rods

Shouldn't that be *were* British built rods? I'm pretty certain they're made in the Far East now, like most rods costing less than a couple of hundred quid. Look at the Harrison's range for comparison.

Thom

if thats the case its a recent change. i know their beachcasters are built here... or atleast, they were!

matboy

Sod the rods! thats one of the finest centre pins ive fished with for years as davyr said "used to be built in britain" sounds about right to me, i,ve fished with a greys power float rod for the last two years on the warwickshire avon and i can honestly say its been very pleasurable and when teamed with the Berwick pin makes for some lovely sport. Well done on the prize mate im sure your well made up.

stinky_docker

Got a greys X Flie myself,fantastic quality and handles lovely,should be a very good freebie aquisition...

Status
Not open for further replies.