Grey mist warrington

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
Got my warrington card a few days ago and went straight to grey mist for a walk around.

Question it...... how do I fish it? Its literally full of weed?

Also..... is it safe to fish alone at night? No getting a night stamp until next season but I have heard stories suggesting its not safe. Is this accurate or just people scaremongering to keep people from going?

Hicky

Woolston/padgate is fairly safe.
However it depends if you’re a 6ft brute or a shy young kid.
As for the venue I’m familiar with it but never fished it.

Carl c

I used to fish there years ago,I know the place,I think only members allowed in,you get afew carp Anglers fish it holds some really big carp and tench,have a look on YouTube there is a guy on there he fishes alot in and around Warrington he has done a few videos on grey mist with different techniques (y)

Carl c

Sorry I forgot to say I've heard stories about people being robbed of there tackle,don't know how true they are though,if you want to night fish there take someone with you especially this day and age.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
Might contact the secretary and ask if I can take one of my dogs when I do nights next year. I have been told people have had gear taken before.

Think I have seen the guy on YouTube float and feeder fishing for tench.

Just got back from a walk around sandiway and that looks promising too

Carl c

Might contact the secretary and ask if I can take one of my dogs when I do nights next year. I have been told people have had gear taken before.

Think I have seen the guy on YouTube float and feeder fishing for tench.

Just got back from a walk around sandiway and that looks promising too
Yes thats the best thing to do

I always watch his videos on YouTube he does them regular

I believe sandiway supposed to be good I've never fished their myself but heard people say its good,I fish commercials nowadays

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
There are some good tench and pike in there, plenty of silvers,
It does suffer from weed in summer.
I first fished it over 55 years ago before it was all landscaped, used to rest our tackle and pushbike against the pylons.
There is a no tin policy on there so make sure you don't have any with you, and make sure there is no litter near your peg.
It won't necessarily be anglers that left it. Lots of people walk round it.
Depending on what species you are after ,I would feed little and often, start of on the bottom and start shallowing off as you go along.
Never night fished fished it, but there was some trouble on there a about 8 years ago, an angler got robbed at gunpoint.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
There are some good tench and pike in there, plenty of silvers,
It does suffer from weed in summer.
I first fished it over 55 years ago before it was all landscaped, used to rest our tackle and pushbike against the pylons.
There is a no tin policy on there so make sure you don't have any with you, and make sure there is no litter near your peg.
It won't necessarily be anglers that left it. Lots of people walk round it.
Depending on what species you are after ,I would feed little and often, start of on the bottom and start shallowing off as you go along.
Never night fished fished it, but there was some trouble on there a about 8 years ago, an angler got robbed at gunpoint.
I'm fishing for carp, tench, eels and maybe pike in winter (if they are interested in any of my Pollock/bass fishing lures).

I may try fishing it on float for tench and eels but after a walk around sandiway that is calling out to me more now.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I'm fishing for carp, tench, eels and maybe pike in winter (if they are interested in any of my Pollock/bass fishing lures).

I may try fishing it on float for tench and eels but after a walk around sandiway that is calling out to me more now.
Plenty of pike seem to be at the car park end,
Tench all around it.
Sandiway would be a better prospect.
But don't you need a night card to overnight on there, plus when you get one, Sandiway has to be booked on,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
As for contacting the secretary, I would go to Parker St hq on a Friday night.
If you don't know the Warrington area ,it's not far from Bank Quay station.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
As for contacting the secretary, I would go to Parker St hq on a Friday night.
If you don't know the Warrington area ,it's not far from Bank Quay station.
Yeah I know where hq is. I'm local- ish. Night cards are all out for this season but not after one till next season anyway. They all have to be booked on now.

Probably won't ask about the dog. He is a bit too protective. Dont want him squaring up to everyone that walks past 🙄

I'm sure I will be alright.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yeah I know where hq is. I'm local- ish. Night cards are all out for this season but not after one till next season anyway. They all have to be booked on now.

Probably won't ask about the dog. He is a bit too protective. Dont want him squaring up to everyone that walks past 🙄

I'm sure I will be alright.
I was born there and lived there all my life, part stocked Moore quarry before WAA got hold of it, we had it as our own " private" fishery.

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
I was born there and lived there all my life, part stocked Moore quarry before WAA got hold of it, we had it as our own " private" fishery.
Apparently a rather large carp came out of moore quarry a few years back but it was kept hush hush for a while so people didn't swarm it.

I had a warrington license about ten years ago but gave it up after not really using it. I bought a holiday home on anglesey and then got a boat. Decided recently to start carp/ tench fishing again but sea/boat will always come first.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I had both Warrington and Lymm cards, hardly used them just before moving to Oxford

Deeppurple

Site Supporter
I had both Warrington and Lymm cards, hardly used them just before moving to Oxford
Not bothering with the lymm card. Can't fish certain waters before certain dates unless paying extra or doing work parties. I already work at least 40 hours per week. I just want to relax and fish.

I have been told the bailiffs are not the friendliest bunch either.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Not bothering with the lymm card. Can't fish certain waters before certain dates unless paying extra or doing work parties. I already work at least 40 hours per week. I just want to relax and fish.

I have been told the bailiffs are not the friendliest bunch either.
I was a bailiff for quite a few years before moving to Oxford 2 years ago.
I advised rather than come down heavy,
If I knew they were trying it on I would endorse their card, but that was last resort.