Greenwood Fisheries Cheshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmouredEngr

Caught two of these today, at first I thought they were Chub but after looking at the photo's they don't seem to be Chub. Someone said on Facebook they maybe Ide, anyone any idea?
DSCF3942.jpg
DSCF3943.jpg

paul w

They aren't Chub (mouth too small) but they could well be Ide.Roach have the orange/black eye.Quality fish though[:T]

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
They are ide.The body of the ide is a bit flat and deep compare to the chub is much rounded.Most easy give away is the anal fin...The ide is pointed,almost concaved like dace as the chub is rounded,convex[:T]

ArmouredEngr

Thanks, so I can chalk these up as a first together with the Crucian I caught just after these two, I the icing on the cake was a nice 10 lb Mirror :) all using new fangled "Method" stuff and boilies I've never used before because last time I fished seriously was back in 1983 in Germany while in the Army.

ColinW

In a commercial fishery your "crucians" were just as likely to be brown goldfish. It's not easy to tell, unless they have a bit of fantail in them, but they seem much more common than true crucians these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.