greenhalgh lodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
i will be spending some time fishing at greenhalgh lodge this year can anyone give any advice on pole tactics (elastic strength etc) and bait and any other useful info ta.[:)]

big dave

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
O.k mate i use black hydro on this venue, believe me you will need the strongest elastic your pole can handle, as for baits paste is best but corn and meat do work if bites are slow (which is very rare) use red maggott, try to avoid maggots as there are some huge eels in there and make sure you feed small pellets regular, works for me everytime mate.

Also theres a link on my site under venues / north west with more info hope this helps www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

pikey123

the stamp of fish is good at greenhalgh and i would adopt a heavy elastic 16s or even 18s, i,ve had the carp up to 141/2lb on the pole. so of the match lads feed (in summer) 2 large pots of carp or trout pellets and 1/2 pot of coshida cat food.nothing else until the first bite then 1/2 pot to top up the swim, or after 20mins,if no bites are forthcoming.
a feeder to the island as close as is poss to the island is good with trout pellet on the hook.
and dont forget right under your feet (in the margins)and finally if you feel like a non fishing exercise try "floating pole" you must keep putting the pellets in every 30 secs for this though.
dave.

d a pike

Status
Not open for further replies.