Green ringed parakeets (s)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
(s) (s) A group of (s) parakeets have just turned (s) up (s) in some trees near us. The group is probably (s) about 6 in (s) number but it's hard to tell (s). They've (s) been in the area for years, but this is the first time we've had them in (s) earshot (s) for any length of time.

The (s) problem is they are so flippin' noisy. Every(s) few seconds it's screech(s) screech screech. (s) Man, it's annoying (s).

Generally I like nature etc. but these (s) things are driving me out(s) of my tree. (s)

Anyone (s) got any suggestions?

(s) - indicates one set of screeches (s), typically six one after another, heard whilst typing this. (s)

DFL

Site Supporter
Move!

I did, West London is plagued with them, the noise is awful, not even a nice birdsong.

I’m now in Whitstable, not too far away in Margate is another huge colony, it’s only a matter of time before they arrive here unless they are deterred by the local gull terrorists.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Move!

I did, West London is plagued with them, the noise is awful, not even a nice birdsong.

I’m now in Whitstable, not too far away in Margate is another huge colony, it’s only a matter of time before they arrive here unless they are deterred by the local gull terrorists.
That seems a little excessive. But yes, it's not a nice noise.

They've just gone quiet for a moment. Maybe if I got a big catapult and fired the cat up into the tree...

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
When l used to go to Manston on fire service courses the trees were full of them. Noisy things but colourful.