Great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
My 7 year old has just been invited to attend a Cardiff City development scheme starting a week tomorrow. Well chuffed[:T]

pole addict

they're getting local kids to design the re-development of Cardiff city centre????????

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Oi, how can you say anything about re-development coming from Leicestershire??!!??[;)]

Marvin, its basically trials to spot potential footballing talent for the future.

Muckin_Fuppet

Account Locked
My opinion, based on experience, is he's too young. They are proned to demoralise the kids and take the fun out of football. Anyhow, good luck.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Godber

My 7 year old has just been invited to attend a Cardiff City development scheme starting a week tomorrow. Well chuffed[:T]

I'm sure with his little 7 year old bald head he'll be an asset to any Cardiff City plans. Maybe they will get the whole family to face east and do away with the national grid system feeding the area.
Good luck Young Baldy.
Good luck Baldy and Mrs Baldy.

p.s.If you need to sue......contact information at Lindholme.
Love you all really...except the old bald one.[:D]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good luck to the young 'un, but personally I think 7 is far too young.hat good for his self esteem.

If Cardiff rate him not good enough how is that good for his self esteem. Much better to concentrate on enjoying his football at school and with his mates, and if he has any natural talent it will really start to show in his early teens.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
I believe that at that age they give the kids a great fun day or two and assess their basic skills abilities and attitude, then expect them to play with local kids teams until they are a little older. They don't hit them with anything serious at that age. Good Luck to the little guy :)

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Brian the Fish

Originally posted by Godber

I'm sure with his little 7 year old bald head he'll be an asset to any Cardiff City plans. Maybe they will get the whole family to face east and do away with the national grid system feeding the area.
Good luck Young Baldy.
Good luck Baldy and Mrs Baldy.

Watch it Brian, he's 4ft 3inches tall mate and if i remember rightly thats about 3 inches taller than you. [:D]

p.s.If you need to sue......contact information at Lindholme.
Love you all really...except the old bald one.[:D]

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Originally posted by SteveH

I believe that at that age they give the kids a great fun day or two and assess their basic skills abilities and attitude, then expect them to play with local kids teams until they are a little older. They don't hit them with anything serious at that age. Good Luck to the little guy :)

Thats about it Steve, they keep an eye on them until they are old/good enough to step up into their youth team set up.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Yeah Chep's son, My grandson was being looked at by Leeds United on the same sort of scheme. they are careful about how they treat the kids. :)

Chep

sicknote
Congrats pal,

the little one will love it, I took my son along and they basically took him through different aspects if football and watched him closely with a clipboad to hand,

it was more of a fun day,

he had ago at penalty shooting, dribbling, freekicks, passing, abilities to take instructions and there mental attitude,

they are great with the kids, they know that the kids would rather play on the playstation or run about playing tag more but they seem to evaluate the kids really well and they only need to see a little potential in one of there aspects to know they can work with them at a older age.

Trouble is they didn't really tell me much, but been told we could expect a letter when he's old enough.

You will love the day also, and you will be even more proud of him than you are now,
the hardest part from a parents view is not to push them into it too hard or give them a pep talk before hand,

best thing to do is say enjoy yourself and be good lol

hope you both have a really good day, you will remember it for a long time to come.

Anyway, that's how Leeds Uniteds one worked, your might be different but let me know how it goes.

Hope this helped,

regards,

Chep

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I was more of the Julian Dicks type player Marvin, anywhere above the kneecap was fair game[:D]

Cooky

Originally posted by Chep

he had ago at dribbling,

Anyway, that's how Leeds Uniteds one worked, your might be different but let me know how it goes.

The ones ion wales involve dribbling around sheep [:D][:D]

Goodluck to him [:T][:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.