Great news, miners alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n/a2

deleted
I've just seen on TV that the miners trapped in Somerset, PA, USA, have been contacted and are alive! No details yet on their condition but all are alive.

You probably don't know but I have worked in the coal industry for 46 years, 19 years in the UK and the rest in the USA. My father was a miner, both grandfathers, three brothers and three sons-in-laws. Mining to me is more than just a job, it's a way of life. If you have never lived in a mining comunity you probably don't know what I'm talking about.

My job in the USA took me into dozens of mines in the USA, including Somerset County in PA. Although I don't know any of the trapped miners personally I have met and worked with hundreds like them.

As I am typing this the Govenor of PA is on TV and has just confirmed all nine are alive, Aleluyah!

I'm now going to enjoy a glass of Glen Fiddich. God bless mining people and screw Maggie Thatcher.

Hillbilly.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great News,
Especialy for their families.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Just seen a clip saying all nine have been brought to the surface alive.

Brilliant news.Hopefully lessons can learned to prevent further potential tragedies occuring in the future.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

angler-mark

Always nice to hear of a happy ending, most of my family were miners in Yorkshire so we know what it's like.

Tight Lines

Mark

Edited by - angler-mark on 28 July 2002 10:17:02 AM

norm

HILLBILLY

screw maggie thatcher (lol)

(rather you than me mate)

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.