Grass Carp Venues in north west

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Anyone know any venues with grass carp in in the north west please ?

Datafile2.gif
Happiness is playin wif yer rod

ray

roflmao.gif

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bradshaw hall fisheries
Bradshaw road

Bolton
01204 307197

Clevely bridge fishery

Scorton
Preston
01524 791637

Little dale hall fishery
Morcambe
01524 832332

Pine lodge fisheries

Clitheroe
01254 822211

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin
Datafile.asp

carper2002

'Ronnie'
newhay lakes bud
a little out of your way but well worth it grass carp from 10lbs to 30lbs the 30lbs could be a yorkshire record if you catch it bud go on and have a go and let us know how you get on
cheers

RONNIE (carper2002)

pikey123

have a look at the canal above the top lock at tewitfield (lancaster canal)past carnforth keep on the A6 and head towards the turn off for Burton-in kendal over the motorway and the canal past the longlands pub on your right,stay on this road for about3/4 mile turn up a narrow road this road again will cross the canal and motorway sharp r/hand bend and on the right is an road to join motorway for emergency vehicles park on the verge and put on the polarodes (sunglasses) as you will have to stalk them. well thats how i do it.
bread crust or dog biscuit.
walk along canal to the first bridge you should spot loads catching is another matter! dont go past the bridge as they seem to stay in that section.iv,e had them to 81/2lb good sport.
dave

d a pike

MrC

I had a nice 10lb grass carp last summer from Redwell Fisheries near Kirby Longsdale, its a nice fishery but they charge quite a bit . Check out http://www.redwellfisheries.co.uk. Mal

GAZZA

ITS CALLED BIG BILLINGE IN NORTHWICH,JUNCTION 19 OF THE M6,UNREAL PLACE,BUT YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF NORTHWICH

GARY MELLING

G

Oi you Al stop yer cheating, i know what your up to, points for the fishing race,[:p]....

Ray c'mon is this allowed or what [;)][;)][;)]

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,

scouse

'River Man'
hi gazza
big billinge is by middlewich,
whatcroft turn off,
off kings street [:D]

dave mickey.gif scouse (and proud of it)

ray

quote:Ray c'mon is this allowed or what
fraid so andy, if al wants to go at it like "monica lewinsky with a hot dog" then thats his choice, i personally want to specifically target each species, if i do some homework, find out as much as i can about the fish/methods etc, then plan a specific session for it, i think this will make me better angler allround, and apart from that, i enjoy planning fishing trips. [:)]

each to there own mate.

ray.

p.s. al, i know a cracking place for the catfish, fish to 35lbs, day ticket water.

come off the m6 at junction................... roflmao.gif

"clean banks campaign"

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Bradshaw hall fisheries
Bradshaw road

Bolton
01204 307197

Clevely bridge fishery

Scorton
Preston
01524 791637

Little dale hall fishery
Morcambe
01524 832332

Pine lodge fisheries

Clitheroe
01254 822211

Alan
Hey alan, are you really sure threres grass carp in bradshaw?
I fish it all the time, but have never heared of grass carp bein in there

J.Tolley

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
You bar steward [:)] and thats what i am trying to do innit target a species and plan a trip but i can't target em if i dont know where they are now can i Kojak ? and seeing as you have retired and done a Lord Lucan I have to ask some proper fishermen on here don't i[;)], o by the way have i told you i Love you wheres the catfish again xx[;)]and bleak and sticklewhatthisname mmmmm now what else and pleas tell me yer plan for the all out stickleback attack lol [8D]

quote:Originally posted by ray

quote:Ray c'mon is this allowed or what
fraid so andy, if al wants to go at it like "monica lewinsky with a hot dog" then thats his choice, i personally want to specifically target each species, if i do some homework, find out as much as i can about the fish/methods etc, then plan a specific session for it, i think this will make me better angler allround, and apart from that, i enjoy planning fishing trips. [:)]

each to there own mate.

ray.

p.s. al, i know a cracking place for the catfish, fish to 35lbs, day ticket water.

come off the m6 at junction................... roflmao.gif

"clean banks campaign"

Datafile2.asp

Last edited:

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Ray's on Them funny pills toma it's his time of life i think mate lmao

Datafile2.asp

philipg

As regards the grassies above the Tewitfields stretch of the Lanky, there may not be too much time left for exploring this 'contained' length due to the plans to re-open it to boats very soon. My advice is to give 'em a go this spring/ summer. As was said, it is great fun stalking these fish and they do go right up to the Holme stretch of the canal and then on to the end of the canal at Stainton. These Stainton fish were the original Liverpool Uni weed control experiment and were housed in pens which were opened some 10-12 years ago.
Crust is the favourite but they do wise up and so you have to be careful. You could also try legered crust, fished on a very short link and popped up over a bed of plain white crumb which can be very effective at dawn and dusk.
I was actually fishing the day the fish were introduced at Burton/ Tewitfields and remember sitting there gobsmacked as approx 200 grassies swam past me in only 3ft of crystal clear water!! Quite a sight.
My best fish last year was 12+, not huge i know but great on a light 1 1/4 test rod and 6 pound line. Anyone wanting more info just mail me and i will try to help. This length of canal can hold some real surprises if the homework is done first.

Phil

GAZZA

junction 19 ,scouse,head to n/wich,then turn left at the second r/about,i think ,then turn your next right

GARY-MELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.