grandslam tackle box

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

hi im bored, so i will take at look at my seat box...
i got it last september, purchased for 200 (supposed to be 230) and i have used it a fair many times since. it is light, and strong and the drawers click in similar to the danson, but not as hard to pull out as the kiley. it has 4 front drawers and a cross drawer plus a fairly deep fibreglass base, plenty big enough for all my tackle (just). the leg system is an octoplus one and has the superlegs on it, with mudfeet. it has so far lasted well, the only thing i am not keen on at the moment is the strange squeaking noise the lid makes when you sit on it. other than that, its a great box and i would reccomend it.
could i ask to anyone that has this box, how did you get the winders to fit in the tray (what alterations did u make etc??) thanks.

;)

scoobs11

probably the biggest alteration on my box was when a horse decided to try and eat it !!!!!

other that that i use a sheet of bubble wrap (the kind with the really big bubbles) to stop my winders bouncing around under the lid.

not yet convinced of its longevity, paint started peeling of it after approx a month. no sqeeks yet tho :).

one of the main reasons i bought it over the other boxes out there was the way the bottom fibreglass section can be taken off if not needed + it does'nt need to be taken off to gain access like some i'v seen(you need to stand on one of the mud feet when pivoting the top sections tho)

drown maggots not kids

AlexR

hi scoobs, i have heard complaints about the paint peeling off the grandslam, but i have yet to experience it after about 6 months, ok so its probably only been out about 15 times since i got it, but i thought it would of started by now.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.