Gowna Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Edwards

Anybody any idea wheres fishing in the Gowna area at the moment? Off over the water in a couple of weeks, still not sure where we are going to base ourselves yet! Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

MrC

Hi Chris,, I think there has been a few people who have been to Gowna this year, try doing a search on Gowna and get in contact with whoever went.. Cheers.

JohnConnolly

Arva and carriagllen just north of Gowna are supposed to be pretty good at the moment.

JC

MARTYNH

dernafest (not sure u spell it like that!) by the playground. dont need to chuck far. dont ball in.

TIGHT LINES

Chris Edwards

Thanks for the info lads, been given Inchmore Island as a possible area, only acessible by boat though, anyone heard of it?? On the map looks to be at the South end of the Lough near a place called Dring.

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
hi there chris got back about two weeks ago fishing a bit dissapointing most consistant place we found was a place called paddy bradys it is a local farm in gowna if you need help send me a pm and ill sort you out but the man you need to talk to is a lad on here called neil fallows hes been going to gowna for years and he will put you right ok mate hope it helps[:D][:D]

mecca

Another smoggy
ive fished at killekeen probably spelt wrong near gowna,we stayed near arva if you fish in the woods i guarantee you lots of bream its absolutely stuffed with them ive had lots of hundred pound bags there not a long chuck either as it drops off virtually at your feet but it gets really busy so get there early just ask around someone will know the place its very well known

Status
Not open for further replies.