GOT Paste and Soft Hooker Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHarrison999

Hi There,

ive just ordered some GOT Paste and some Soft Hooker Pellets.

I was wondering has anyone used them before - whats your favourite ways to prepare the paste.

Also which flavours have you used out of the soft hooker pellet range- Cat Meat, Pineapple, Natural, Dark Halibut, Green Lipped Muscle and Liver , and are they any good?

Many Thanks

Paul

mitch-fish

Hey mate
These are top quality products :D
To prepair my paste i pur around half the 300g bag into a bait box
I then a water little and offten and leave it to settle for 10mins and it will stiffen a little :D
then make the paste into a ball and knead untill you have reached the required consistansy (spelling) :( lol
I have only used the catmeat flavoured hookers but they are the perfect consistancy and are tough enough to stay on the hook but you can still easillt strike through and hook into the fish :D
Good luck fishing mate mitch-fish :D

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Paul

First off I am not advertising GOT baits on this thread but replying to a genuine question from a member of the forum.

This is the correct way to prepare the paste

http://www.gotbaits.co.uk/paste.htm

As for the hookers, I have tried the lot and found that one will work on one day and not the next. Strange and something I still cannot get my head round. Perhaps its seasonal like a lot of baits. However, the natural, liver and catmeat have delivered consistently.The pineapple and halibut have there day but i think will really come into there own during the summer months. One thing that can be said though is that they are all consistent in size and quality.

Strat2

The expanders need pumping before using otherwise they will float.

Jammy1

'The Minx'
Ive used a variety of GOT Baits Soft Hookers- in my opinion they are great. Had many good days fishing on them varying in size on different flavours, what the fish want one day, they might not want the next- so its always good to have a good selection in your bag. The fish seem to love them, and best of all- they dont crumble when put on the hook! [:)]

PaulHarrison999

this is brilliant information lads thanks alot. ive bought a tub of green lipped mussel and catmeat hookers and a couple bags of paste for my match this sunday ;) thanks agen much appreciated

Paul

strat2

yes i no they need pumping LOL

but they are like cork and sometimes float even after pumping twice i was not impressed with my free taster pack

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Strat,

Some will float and these can be used as hookers as well. They provide a natural fall through the water. In fact I tend to do two. One that sinks like a stone and a handful of floaters to use solely on the hook.

manoli

Strat, Can I ask how your pumping your pellets mate? Mine always sink after a good pump, and I dont seem to get any floating about. I use them for feed alot aswell.

All I do is pump them in a mosella bait pump when I get to my swim.. they seem ok, and this isnt me being biased either...

strat2

i ue a browning pump but my hooks arnt hevy enuff to sink the pellet lol i use pr 24's for my skimmering.

i prefer sensas pellet tbh and ringers

Skuzzlebutt

I use Got Baits, I used them for the first time at Whiteacres last month and I think they are excellent, I used the 4mm Catmeat Hookers which although don't sound huge caught me 3, 10lb fish and a ton of mid sized Carp, Tench and Bream. The 4mm Sinkers are excellent and I've never had any problem with the expanders sinking. The paste I only used once in a match and although I didn't catch on it (it was a horribly hot day and the fish were spawning) I got quite a few bites and I attribute it with getting the swim going and helping me catch an 8lb Common with a 4mm catmeat hooker, also the paste stays on the hook well, if prepped right.

I intend to try out the other Got Hookers soon, and further experiment with the paste.

craigyb

I too am haveing problems with them floating/ but still think there fantastic pellets. I pump and leave to soak for 15 mins/ let out the air then i pump again and this time i realease the air stright away. They seem to sink for a couple of hours then i have to pump them again. i have caught lots of fish on them and i use them has the feed pellet.

manoli

The only thing I can think of that they are floating is that they may be drying out? I usually keep mine under a layer of water on my side tray and they are fine. Try that, if not, stick to pellets your confident in using...

All the best, Gary Manoli.

Paste Master

Platinum Member
i think the expandas are rubbish float like cork

Funny that considering they have just been voted "Best in Test" in Toatal Coarse Fishing Magazine [:D][:D]
And they were up against all the supposed TOP brands [:D]

NUFF SAID [;)]

harper

It doesn't really matter what the "Top Brands" are because at the end of the day all the "Branded" expanders sold either come from Skretting (which you can buy in bulk from GP Pellets) or Coppens. It's us who are fools for believing that there is a big difference between expanders "on test" when they are probably all the same but in different packets. Ready prepared pellets are different as each "brand" prepare them in different ways so we as anglers get a good variety.

Simple

Sikea
GOT soft expander's have caught me fish where other pellets have failed.
I had had a different pellet on and not caught, then switched to the soft expander and caught.
I love the texture of them also.
I always pump mine 3 times, leave in the pump for 5 mins then pour them out into a tub. Leave the water in and put them in the fridge over night.
Open the fridge in the morning and there ready to use.
The other hook pellets are very good too but I have only used the cat meat flavour. They are good when the expander's are getting battered by small fish as they stay on the hook better.
Don't be scared by the 11mm momma's [:0] I caught a nice crucian carp just over 1lb on them as well as other carp[:0]

I use the GOT paste as a base mix and add other stuff to it [:)]

Last edited:

thespanner

Paul,

IMO they are the best hooker pellets I have used and I have used most, mainly because I can't seem to get on with expanders.

I found natural to be the best.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by harper

It doesn't really matter what the "Top Brands" are because at the end of the day all the "Branded" expanders sold either come from Skretting (which you can buy in bulk from GP Pellets) or Coppens.

Sorry harper, but GOT pellets are unique and aren't from either of the suppliers that you've named.[;)]

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
I've got some free GOT 4mm expander given by AAT, then I bought a pack of no brand 4mm expander from Bob's Angling in Liverpool.I can't distinguish them, their look, smell, taste and texture are the same to me. [:)]

harper

Peter thank you for putting me right on that.

They may not be from Skretting or Coppens or even Golden Acres, however, I can not believe for one moment that they have their own pellet manufacturing plant. Sensas have only just managed to pull that one off and look how big a company they are.

My gripe is not at any one bait company it's at all of those who sell other companies product and pass it off as their own. It should at least say on the packaing "manufactured for .... by ..." like it does on food labels then at least us as the consumer are not as misled - do you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.