Gosjac

bobthetrain

Afternoon. Who can tell me a bit about Gosjac angling club? Where can you fish. What are the waters like, and what do they contain? How much is it, and how do I join. Cheers all.

drynetter

Contact number below:

Tony Davies
Tel. No. 0161 477 5637

Give him a ring.

They have two waters in Edgeley, Sykes 2 & 3.

The day ticket water (no. 3) has just been netted by the EA and they took out 30,000 fish. They had to put 15,000 back in as they didn't have room on the lorry. It's fishing well at present, plenty of Bream and Roach on Maggot, Corn, Pellets. Some Carp falling to boilies and nuts (biggest going just over 20 I think).

No.2 is members only (the middle reservoir). Recently had 1200 fish introduced (carp and chub). The recent hot weather has seen most of the Carp on top, however, no floating baits (lol). Best carp I'm aware of is 24lbs (according to the bailiff). Crucians, Chub, Bream, Roach and Carp are the main species.

They also have their new water, near Heaton Mersey industrial estate. Newly stocked this year after being re-dug. Opened 3rd April. It was originally to be a silvers water only, after another chat to the bailiff he reckons that some carp will be introduced later in the year. It's intended as a place to teach people how to fish, kids especially.

They even have a session tomorrow (22nd May 10-3pm) aimed at kids.

You also get a Stockport Fed card thrown in (I think) when you join.

Give Tony a ring, he'll fill you in with membership fees and rules etc...

Hope that gives you a bit of a guide?

drynetter

No mate, I'm not a member but live very close and walk round the edgeley waters most nights with the dog...

I see some odd sights to be honest [:D]. I'd recommend it, the middle water is fenced off and there's a padlock on the gate for entry (I think the new water is fenced off too). Fish the waters 10 times and you've got your moneys worth.

Take the cash or open the box.

There's also Cheadle Anglers (if you live within 3 miles of Cheadle Post Office???)

Chaser

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'd love to know what waters Cheadle Anglers control and if the Gosjac ticket still includes the Stockport fed card?