Good Value Feeder rod to cope with "The Method"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_green

Hi all

looking for a feeder rod that can also handle whacking out method feeders. looking to spend around 50. any suggestions?

Cheers

Jon

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
Diawa harrier z feeder 12'. You can really bully them carp in with it! I got mine for 50, i think the model is around 2year old now, meant to be 100!

*)*Joey*(*

Flying Fish

Daiwa Porky Pig is excellent method feeder rod, heavy enough to cast a feeder loaded with ground-bait. Some rods have too soft a tip for it. Second-hand Porky for around 50. (unless you can find a new, old model in a shop) Just make sure what you buy is stiff enough in the tip, most feeder rods arn`t, becasue "method feeder" is not the same as normal "feeder", ie, open/closed end feeder for maggot, bread etc. You can quite easily be casting 3 or 4 oz. with a method feeder loaded with ground bait, most feeder rod tips arn`t made for this.

JM2pW. F.F. <'}}}><

swanny

Check out Matt Hayes new range, he has a nice carp rod with a 2.1/2 T.C. worth a look for 49.99 [:D]

p.sw

Ian C

If your local tackle shop stock's the Rhino(DF)feeder rods, ask them for a demo of what it can do. It scared the hell outa me! I thought the blank would break, but it took everything they did to it and they were being brutal!!!!

There's a lifetime warranty on the blank against breakages.

I have the 12ft version (1272 360). It has a casting weight spec of 100g (3.5 oz) and it copes fine (Though there are heavier versions available too).
I have had carp to 17lbs on it (with 6lb line) and it had sufficient backbone to control the fish whilst responding well to the fish's surges too.

I lent mine to a friend and he was so impressed he went and bought one the next day [:D]

Datafile3.asp

Ian C

Status
Not open for further replies.