Good Trent rod (non barbel)

Geovani

Hi , just wondered what rod you would recommend for general match fishing on the tidal Trent, for bream, roach dace etc? I used the superfeeder by Drennan yesterday but wasn’t really comfortable casting out a 31/2 oz loaded feeder ? Is it me or do I need a rod with more casting backbone but not one that is poker stiff ?

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
The 13ft 6” Daiwa Castizm is a perfect rod for this type of fishing. I use it on the Thames where I am casting out similar weight feeders with no problems. Plenty of power for casting out heavy feeders but with a nice fish playing action. You should be able to pick one up at a good price this weekend with the bank holiday sales that are on

Geovani

The 13ft 6” Daiwa Castizm is a perfect rod for this type of fishing. I use it on the Thames where I am casting out similar weight feeders with no problems. Plenty of power for casting out heavy feeders but with a nice fish playing action. You should be able to pick one up at a good price this weekend with the bank holiday sales that are on
Great thanks John

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
On the slightly cheaper end, I just bought a Middy 4GS 12ft feeder for the Trent and it's superb, really nice action and decent power.

If I were spending more it would either be an Acolyte or Castizm I think, without getting into megabucks (for me, at least).

Geovani

On the slightly cheaper end, I just bought a Middy 4GS 12ft feeder for the Trent and it's superb, really nice action and decent power.

If I were spending more it would either be an Acolyte or Castizm I think, without getting into megabucks (for me, at least).

What size tips come with the Middy please ?