Good things I’ve used this year (2022)

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Daiwa 20 & 21 Tournament reels. Fantastic reels.

12ft Tournament feeder 3 piece, great silvers rods, but will land the big Carp. Very impressive.

90sGear

Site Supporter
Preston Ics/icm loving the one rod option, method feeder , bomb and pellet feeders all work well for me.

Shimano Aero xr 4000 reel, bloody lush will be getting a 3000 for my pellet Waggler set up.

Hillbilly floats Oliver’s now used for about 90per cent of my commie fishing. Lovely tougher Ciannti style float.

Guru catapults, orange laggy, group lovely for the short or long pole.

Halkon hunt wind stopper fleece/hoodie, smart, perfect fit and snug as a bug. Plus got it made to match my waterproofs albeit I’m still a bit hobo on the bank :)

adriang

Site Supporter
Haven't bought much this year to be honest, but the one, big ticket item was taking delivery of my Daiwa G90 pole at the beginning of the year. I bought spare top 4's and 1 spare 5. I found it to be perfect for my fishing, which is rivers and canals.

Everything else has been what I'd call consumables..

Fred Davis

top of the list without a doubt has to be the seaknight windrunner 111 4000 reel, this match reel is now on special offer, available with the deep and shallow spool from ali express at a tad over £30, nothing comes near it in terms of value for money, carbon drag clutch, infinate anti reverse, 10 ball bearings this is a game changer for the money compared on you tube to the diawa tdr at £194.99 and in some respects better. this reel is an absolute steal for that money.

Total

Site Supporter
top of the list without a doubt has to be the seaknight windrunner 111 4000 reel, this match reel is now on special offer, available with the deep and shallow spool from ali express at a tad over £30, nothing comes near it in terms of value for money, carbon drag clutch, infinate anti reverse, 10 ball bearings this is a game changer for the money compared on you tube to the diawa tdr at £194.99 and in some respects better. this reel is an absolute steal for that money.
Hello Fred, as per the Youtube videos on this reel are/did you have any problems with the line clip cutting the line/braid? (If you do use a line clip)?

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Halkon hunt from wickersley, bib and brace jacket, hoodie (love that the most😂) and windstopper bottoms. Took a lot of persuasion to get me to buy these but have to say though they are very good, hope to get the longevity out of them that my mates have from there’s.

Midwater wet gear bag…absolutely genius simple bit of kit for cheap that everyone should have!

Midwater carryall had made to my spec it’s massive 😂 it really does carryall! And the build quality is really good .

Guru 2.7m aventus lamding net handle for canal (90% of my fishing) don’t pick one up in a shop or you’ll buy it on the spot it really is that good! I didn’t need another net handle or so I thought but this is brilliant!

Map pole case genius idea waterproof zips love it…but clips on the main strap are rubbish, ones snapped already but I’ll live with that as a replacement of better quality it a couple of quid

Fred Davis

Hello Fred, as per the Youtube videos on this reel are/did you have any problems with the line clip cutting the line/braid? (If you do use a line clip)?
well the two reels I received I have had no problems with the line cutting by the spool I did check the spool edge by the line clip and it wasn't particulaly sharp, however a slight rub with a file would be all that is needed to illiminate the problem, he did a bit of a butcher job in the video In fact i am so impressed with the first two reels I have purchased I have ordered another 2 at less than £31 per reel with spare match spool if I have to take a file to the edge by the line clip at that price I ain't fussed. when I first purchased these reels the first two cost me just over £30 each then i had to buy the match spool as a seperate item which cost just over £10 per spool, as ali express are now doing a spl offer reel with deep and shallow spare match spool this is an offer not to turn down, one can ask why 4 reels two method feeder rod and two bomb rods thats me sorted for lead work, i have had spro red arc's and lots of top daiwa reels in the past these are up there

Last edited:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
My Fred Crouch Aerial... lovely reel... also my Hardy Eureka... and my new "Carpe Rutilus" rod

Paul.P

Best buy of the year was Colmic Nucleare S31 pole, compared it next to PT Sphere & was at least on level par, also, love Shimano X5 pellet waggler rod & the new XR reels.