Good Stuff I’ve Used This Year

alsur

Site Supporter
Not tried much new this year, put some Dave Harrell matchpro line on reel a month ago and first impression are good and treated myself to a Drennan 14ft Acolyte ultra which I've only used a couple of times and am impressed with.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Most match anglers use them in some form or another !! They are one of the most popular hook brands
Probably do but I only personally know one match angler and he's drennan through and through lol

Going going back to the OP I don't think I've used anything completely new to me this year other than maybe some maybe slightly different sized floats and feeders.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
As it’s my first half year back after 15yrs off then there’s a lot:

Ron Thompson 13’ Panther Medium feeder rod
Drennan in-line flat method feeders
Guru QM1 hooks (awesome)
Garbolino whips
Kamasann B611 hooks
Guru n-gauge line

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I admittedly don't know many other anglers but I don't think any I know any that use guru hooks so I don't think they are dominating the market. I'd say from what I see drennan and Kamasan are out miles ahead. Guess it depends on what area of angling. I only know river anglers, carpers, sea anglers and fluff chuckers and you dont find much guru stuff amongst those sectors.

I've always been Drennan and Kamasan, However I've not used a single B911 this year which was before, My most used hook. Admittedly I've been using some Drennans still for silverfishing but not as often as I did before. My 3 hook cases, which consist of maybe 6 hook lengths in total are all Guru. I know that doesn't say much.. At all. But still. :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't use Guru on Rivers though. Most people I know do pond / commie fishing. They're all loving Guru hooks. I even see people raving about them on fishing pages I follow on Facebook.

By 'Killing the hook game' I don't mean dominating the market. I mean they make some pretty damn good hooks. IMO, some of the best on the market.

trotter2

Not much new for me acolyte 14 ft ultra and a browning sphere 13.6 spliced tip rod that's about it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I've always been Drennan and Kamasan, However I've not used a single B911 this year which was before, My most used hook. Admittedly I've been using some Drennans still for silverfishing but not as often as I did before. My 3 hook cases, which consist of maybe 6 hook lengths in total are all Guru. I know that doesn't say much.. At all. But still. :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't use Guru on Rivers though. Most people I know do pond / commie fishing. They're all loving Guru hooks. I even see people raving about them on fishing pages I follow on Facebook.

By 'Killing the hook game' I don't mean dominating the market. I mean they make some pretty damn good hooks. IMO, some of the best on the market.
Ah I see what you mean ??

I use drennan silverfish for the vast majority of my river and fairly carp free Stillwater fishing with occasional use of the drennan wide carp, drennan carp, kamasan b611, kamasan b911 and maver match. On the far from carp free stillwaters I mostly go for kamasan b911 and maver match with occasional use of the rest of the aforementioned.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
The new Preston hook box, no complaints.
The Guru XL rig case, wouldn’t buy another so that’s a no for the list.
I have switched mostly now from using Stroft GTM to Guru N Gauge, very supple soft line, but seems to be strong.
Guru hooks, especially F1 and Kaizen

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Heard good things about the N Gauge line. If it beats Stroft then I might have to sample it as I don't think I've been broke once since using Stroft which just about replaced Reflo for me.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Preston 6" hooklink boxes
Korum Daypack
Mordex Merlin brass center bosses
Advanta flatback brolly

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Advanta flatback brolly
They're not a bad price, Aitch. Going for around £35 in a few places & I might get myself a lighter one. On all the blurb, it doesn't mention a tilt though. Has it got one?