Good kit I’ve used this year

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Prologic Tri - Sky pod for my Barbel fishing recommended by Dave. Only used it a handful of times but, it’s very sturdy and well put together. I’m very impressed with it. Cheers Dave.
5408A6CA-6BD6-4B5D-9E78-A6136E01E3F1.jpeg

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I know it’s a daft little thing but only today I was really appreciating my Guru QM1 disgorger. Unhooking in less than 5 seconds now. I even use it when I can clearly see the hook. QM1s are difficult to unhook at the best of times.

For the last ten years I’ve used exceed disgorgers which are probably the best of the conventional design. I never used an original Slamo one which the Guru is based on so I can’t compare them. Guru stuff is often pricey (including the disgorgers) but they make some nice kit.

angry_vincent

Middy fat boy wagglers - this is best loaded ones, so much better than all i have tried
Stroft GTM as hooklength line, planning to try as main reel line, when big batches arrive

Cobweb

Once thought that Grayling was Tarzan's real name
Site Supporter
Browning's Compact 940 reel with B's black gold mono. Used it for a test drive with my Black Viper III 12ft rod. Great day's fishing!

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
I've bought two Shimano Sephia 3000C reels. Slow retrieving reels made for saltwater jiging for squid. Very shallow spool. Use them for dropshot fishing in freshwater. Quite a few other bits and pieces have also landed in my mailbox.

trotter2

14 ft acolyte ultra superb peice of kit nothing better for the money. Recent purchase a spliced tip browning sphere nice rod, good as the acolyte time will tell. That's about it really

chavba

Browning Sphere Bomb rod
Preston ICS cage feeder, method feeder
Preston ONbox seatbox and accessories (discontinued line)
Shimano Speedmaster 10ft feeder (method)
Drennan method feeders 15g and bigger
Browning Sphere 11ft feeder
Preston Supera SL 11ft feeder (silvers)
Hi, i am planning to buy a new feeder rod. In my country (Hungary) we got a little bigger carps and breams but i still prefer a light rod.

I can’t decide between:

Browning Sphere Braid Special 50gramm 3.60m(148gramm)

Preston Supera Feeder 50gramm 3.80m (197gramm)

Fox Horizon X-class pro 60granm 3.60m (149gramm)

I see you using browning sphere and preston too, so please give me your opinions. The quality, the casting action, the drilling and the whole experience in real life.. can i clean easily the browning foam? Is preston same level of quality of browning?

Sorry for my english. Thanks if you reply.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Loving the Guru inline leads... 1/3 & 2/3 ounce bombs are really difficult for carp to deal with, I use em in solid bags with a load of pellet and a bit o' glug... had me some good fish...👍

OxonPhil

I’ve been rather extravagant this year, with the emphasis being that whatever I purchase, it’ll last for a long time. The two Aventus rods are an absolute joy to use, with superb fish playing actions. I also picked up a Preston Distance Master 100g, and together with a TDR Distance reel is a wonderful outfit to use at Boddington on my occasional visits. I also acquired 2 Tournament 4010 QD reels that make short to medium range feeder fishing ridiculously smooth and easy. Fortunately, I don’t pole fish!

Total

Site Supporter
I’ve been rather extravagant this year, with the emphasis being that whatever I purchase, it’ll last for a long time. The two Aventus rods are an absolute joy to use, with superb fish playing actions. I also picked up a Preston Distance Master 100g, and together with a TDR Distance reel is a wonderful outfit to use at Boddington on my occasional visits. I also acquired 2 Tournament 4010 QD reels that make short to medium range feeder fishing ridiculously smooth and easy. Fortunately, I don’t pole fish!
That is some feeder kit!....Enjoy....:)(y)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not brought a huge amount of kit in the last year but a couple of bits stand out for me............

1 Kaizen hooks.........these are rapidly becoming a go to pattern for me when float fishing be it on the pole or waggler especially if using maggot or expanders. Hold their point well and haven't had one open up either.

2 Seatbox UK replacement seat..........refurbed my Rive D36 and the original seat looked good but the foam lacked support having deteriorated over the course of time while the base was flimsy.
The replacement is built on a Marine ply base making it extremely rigid (Solving the problem older Rive's suffer with of sticking drawers) and in use, the comfort has been a revelation. Simply the most comfortable seat I've ever had on any seatbox I've owned. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐