Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
Hi guys,

I'm on the look out forra 13-15 carp match rod and I came across what seems like a decent deal in AT. It's from NWAC and they're offering Pro-Performance power match 13-15 plus a Browning Crypton 440RD for 80 quid. Anyone used these rods and have anything to say about 'em? What about the reel? They seem to be throwing them away with everything! Are they any good and can I still get spare spools for them? Can't find any info on them online.

Cheers in advance.[8D]

May all your lines be tight ones, and may all your tales be tall ones.

Deano

TINY

Tiny
Have a look at a Browning Syntec 14/16 carp match.Top rod for around 70.00.[:D]
They don`t need a reel to sell them[:p][;)]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
I've found the syntec 13-15 for 48 quid plus p&p from Chapman's, so I think I'll go with your suggestion. As usual I fell for the rrp scam[;)], but if you reckon this is a better rod I'll go for that. I was going for the pro-performance with the reel cos I need a reel too and I'm being tight! Think I'll get the Shakespeare Powerplay or, maybe an Okuma epic. What do you reckon?

Deano

TINY

Tiny
I suggested the 14/16 not the 13/15.[:D]
You dont have to go with what I say,have a look round and see what you can come up with.[:D][;)]
If you want a 14/16,I reckon I could locate one for you,but it would take a couple of days[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
I noticed you suggested the 14-16 but decided you must not have been paying attention[;)]. Any reason why you suggest that instead of the 13/15? I've never really got on with 14' rods - dunno why, they just feel a bit odd to me. I like the idea of the 13 with an extension for down the side carping. I'm just looking for the most versatile rod for the money, being on a tight budget. Are those Crypton reels any good[?]

Deano

TINY

Tiny
The 14/16 Browning was suggested as an alternative to the 13/15 pro performance,as I assumed that you were looking for a rod with added power to be able to put a float out further or to give more power over larger species of fish[:D].Sorry matey,my mistake[;)]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES
I found a Browning by the way 14/16 for 45.00[:D]

Last edited:

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
No worries, fella, I was only winding[;)] Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it, but I think I'll go with the 13-15', it was Chaplains, not chapmans, by the way. My mate works virtually next door so I'll save a few quid on p&p too.

Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.