Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ian3412

Kenty
Would you prefer a good days Silver fishing or a good day on the Carp..
By silvers im referring to say 25lb of mixed bag.... Roach/Skimmers etc or say 80-85lb of 2-3lb carp....

The venues stuffed with silvers and skimmers seem to of disappeared and been filled with Carp, I say bring them back..!!

Last edited:

Columbo

I voted for Silvers. Give me a natural venue such as a small river/stream or lake anyday over a commercial. But thats my personal preference, it's all down to what floats you're boat in my opinion and all that matters is we enjoy what we do no matter where we are.

Steve

midge99

Silvers all the way. yesterday I had a day on the stick float I caught all day the biggest been about 2oz, I was in heaven

big stoo

hello
i'd prefer the silvers, nothing beats taking them on the stick float, though if we're on a pond any chance of some tench?

norm

to me, how any one can sit all day catching 2oz fish and not get bored is beyond me

but its every one to there own

piroflip

got fed up with snatching silvers in when I was fourteen.
give me a fish that will put a bend in a 2 3/4 t.c. anyday.

ian3412

Kenty
Norm,
I mentioned that maybe theres a few skimmers etc to be caught on the day as well, so maybe a few fish over the 2oz bracket..

Piroflip...

I wasnt asking about fishing with Carp rods...????

Carp of 2-3lb was the question buddy

Last edited:

ian3412

Kenty
by the look of the votes, theres three times as many would prefer to have a good days sport with a nice mixed bag, so why isnt there more venues suited to this style of fishing????

Unholymoondog

Tinca Hunter
Originally posted by norm

to me, how any one can sit all day catching 2oz fish and not get bored is beyond me

but its every one to there own

I have to agree ! I do like catching silvers, but it does get pretty Tedious, especially if they are all around the two ounce mark. I voted for the Carp.

Paddles

had to vote silvers because me and my brother were fishing for carp the other day and only caught one or two and got bored, we moved to the kids silvers lake and the rest of the day was fantastic

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by ian3412

by the look of the votes, theres three times as many would prefer to have a good days sport with a nice mixed bag, so why isnt there more venues suited to this style of fishing????

Vitually every commercial holds a good head of silvers, that don't get fished for as most people target the carp.
A bit of a rethink on tactics can result in some very good bags of silvers if a bit of thought is applied.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.