Good commercials near Keswick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

Ok so im off on holiday for 6 days to keswick next week and ive been promised a day out.

Problem is i cant carry my "match" gear so i'm looking for a venue that has plenty of carp and they are being had on the feeder/bomb at the moment.

It sounds like a weird thing to ask about when i include the fact they are being caught on the rod but with the absence of both my power wag rod and the pole i figured id get some practice in on that!

So, reccomend me a nice commercial for the day?

[:D]

phil-k

Its a bit of a drive from Keswick down the M6 but the only carp puddle I can think of is http://www.borwickfishing.co.uk/

If I was staying in Keswick I'd fish derwentwiter on the ledger for perch in the stunning scenery.Have you no sole man.[:D][:D][:D]

Last edited:

Djbennetto

Metal. I went up to Keswick earlier in the year and fished at Ellerbeck course fishery near Brigham. Its only a 15 min drive from Keswick and is a nice little pond and was full of carp. The record from the water was around the 26lb mark.

The bailiff is a friendly chap and will have a chat to you about whats catching etc and there were a couple of regular carp men that I got chatting to. All were very friendly

Although it is a natural water there were quite a few carp that came out when I was fishing. I had 2 days on there and even I caught. An 8lb'er on double red and a 12lb'er on the pole on pellett.

Stick CA13 0SY into google maps and you can have a quick shufty at the pond.

Last edited:

Thom

thanks guys, phil-k i do fish derwentwiter from the caravan site i stay on and have ha dsome HUGE roach from the jetty surprisingly! i always get the odd eel too [:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.