Gone knob-less

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Finally after having my D25 Octbox for 18 months I got round to replacing the hand wheels with grub screws. I must admit it looks sleeker without the hand wheels and there is nothing to snag up on either.
The grub screws only cost £2.95 incl postage, don’t know why it took me so long to do it

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Cheers Paul yeh A2 grade stainless grub screws don’t really mix well with aluminium only gone finger tight with a further 1/4 turn and everything seems secure and didn’t move on Sunday in the match.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Finally after having my D25 Octbox for 18 months I got round to replacing the hand wheels with grub screws. I must admit it looks sleeker without the hand wheels and there is nothing to snag up on either.
The grub screws only cost £2.95 incl postage, don’t know why it took me so long to do it
Hi where do you get the grub screws I'm going to change my knobs too ..how many do you get for £2,95 please

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a bolt without a head but instead has a recess in place of the bolt head for an Allen key to slot into

Paul.P

Might sound simple here lads, but if you go knobless make sure you carry an allen key in your box, have known people to do this & ones come loose when getting to there peg & had nothing to tighten it.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
@robert d
10 mm will do just watch you don’t over tighten them.
I keep an Alan key in the box just in case. Still it helps to be reminded about it.