Gone fish-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
gonefishingsign.gif

Its 5.15am, the gear is packed, the maggots bagged and the beer in the cooler box, See you all at Stafford

Dave & Stu

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
yeah me too

anyone coming to the fish-in if you need to contact me my mobile numbers 0771 2745475

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thought I would come and join you, I think you need some hardy people on this site as the moderators chicken out of bivvying up in December.
Nice to have met a few of you in Stafford.

A friend in need is a pest.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whayhey Geoff

Welcome to the forum mate

For those of you who didn't make it to the fish-in i reckon its only fair to let you know what happend last night.

Our great leader Dave & his co-accused Stu both put their bivvies up before we went to the pub (just to get warm you understand) as soon as they got in the pub they booked a double room (now, now no funny comments) us REAL anglers all stayed in our bivvies, caravan or in my case the floor of my minibus (with a big duck down quilt to keep me warm)

I'[ve got some prizes that haven't been claimed yet so i'll put the winning numbers up on here tomorrow cos i'm cold n knackerd so i'm gonna grab a shower then get me head down.

Alan

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Alan for helping out the last person fishing!!! Caught 5 lil carp and some bits! broke a rod at the set up!broke a pole tip section at the end! Missed the Raffle!
Had a good day
I thought I was poor ,cos I had no shoes ,til I saw a man with no feet!
Lets have 1 when its warm enuff for Northerners

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't know whether you saw Paul stop me as i was Leaving Trev but i told him the next one would have to be in the summer.

He replied (& this bit made me proud to hear) "You & your mates are welcome back anytime Al , I've never met such a decent bunch of anglers in all the years i've had this place".......

Now thats what makes it special to hear a fishery owner piling praise on a group of anglers is a rare thing indeed.

Looks like i'm gonna be busy next spring don't it???

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Hi All, Can I come in
lol

What a weekend!

quote:For those of you who didn't make it to the fish-in i reckon its only fair to let you know what happend last night

There was a genuine reason for staying in the pub - honest

We set the bivvies up and as we left to go to the pub, the frost was already starting to show, but being from oop norf that didn't worry us. What did tho' was the thought of having to eat one of Troggs breakfasts in the morning.
The landlady of the Railway did a cracking breakfast and she was better looking
besides that it gave us more drinking time without the risk of bumping into a Dibble and John needed some company as otherwise he would have had to stay there all alone and that wouldn't have been charitable, would it

Anyway, as I said in a previous thread Alan
We're coming to catch your

and catch them I did.

We'll see about arranging a fish-in on our home turf and give you the chance of showing us how to fish, <<you've had two chances and still haven't managed to, tee hee >>

Anyway, we had a great time once again, met up with qute a few posters and put faces to names and managed to come back with some groundbait this time

Regards to all, <time to duck> Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,
Nice to meet everyone who attended on Sunday,and finally put some faces to names at last.
I have to say that there was nothing wrong with one of Trogg's breakfasts.He was most ably assisted by Lyn and offered double egg,double sausage,bacon,tomatoes,beans and bread & butter all washed down with a mug of tea,and very tasty it was too.

Now a competition for our posters!!!!!!!
Guess the identity of the soft yorkshireman in our Photo.
(clue. he was the only person to put a brolly up all day)

He's hiding behind the island.

Anyway a good time was had by all.Thanks to Alan for organising it all.Can we have another when it's a bit warmer?
Cheers all,
Peter.

PS.If anyone wants a hardly used bivvy,just contact Dave or Stu.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Larry

Lazarus
Hi All,
Thought i'd come & join you all on here after meeting a few of you at the fishin. Like Geoff thought you could Do with an Angler with backbone &can stand the cold. Consideringthe administrator's defection to soft fishing also i here there's 2 bivvie's going cheap.

Cheer's Larry

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome Larry,
Nice of you to join us.You don't have to be mad,but it don't half help.
Peter
apinksax_e0.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Our 'Been fishing' report on the weekend is now up on the site, Click Here

Thanks Peter for the use of the photos.
Thanks Alan for the weekend

Dave

Status