Gold valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidev77

Site Supporter
Hi all,

New to this. i'm fishing a mtch at Gold Valley next week and would appreciate any up to date knowledge of this water. I know that they no longer have matches on Gold. i am staying at Gold that night, so any info on how the night fishing is going would be greatly apprecaited![?][?][:D]

Cheers
Si

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Si,
First off welcome to Maggotdrowning.com [:D]

Gold Valley,one of my favorite venues.Do you know which lake you'll be fishing the match on?.
If it's Syndicate or Middle lake you'll be looking at a groundbait feeder fished as tight to the middle rope as you can cast.Use hair rigged meat on the hook for the resident carp.As a back up a big waggler fished shallow can do the business,triple maggot on the hook,and balls of soft cloudy groundbait catapulted out to your waggler line.
If you get a corner peg on Syndicate a chopped worm & caster line down the side can reap rewards,with some real lumps.
Bungalow & Bat lakes are a different kettle of fish though Carp can still play a big part if you have a feature to fish to.Plenty of silvers to be caught though.
As for the night fishing i'm not to sure,Not my bag i'm afraid.
For full details of the rules,allowed baits & methods etc, have a look at the Gold Valley website that you can find HERE.

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

kingkarper

use a mix of sensas gold valley and crushed hemp with hemp and caster in it but dont use the casters and hemp in the mix add it seperatyely so you can control your feed rate. u se red maggots on the hook and not in the mix because they preoccupie the carp. size 14 hook (kamasan b911)

sidev77

Site Supporter
Thanks for the advice guys! Let's hope I can put it to good use![:D][:D]

dave the fish

Site Supporter
What day are you fishing it. I have a match there on Friday 11th.

Dave

sidev77

Site Supporter
Dave,

So you're fishing the Brokers Cup too!!! Gonna be interesting without Gold.

Si

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Si

Im captain of the Marsh London team. Who are you fishing for? Did you fish last year?
I have been drawn on Gold for the last few years so I will be struggling a bit this year.

If Gold fishes as well as it can during the night you will not get any sleep and wont care about the match.
See if you can find me after the match and we can have a beer together.

Dave

sidev77

Site Supporter
dave,

fish for Benfield. Fished it a few years now, and actually had my best day at Birds Green. never quite got Gold Valley right. May not be doing night now but may stay for an evening fish as they let you stay a further hour, 9.30 now.

Def have that beer!!

Si

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Si

Yes I won my lake at Birds Green the first time we fished there. The guy next to me was using a mini Drennan feeder, I got them up in the water with 9 pints of maggot.
He couldnt understand why he hardly got a bite. He weighed 1oz I had 19lb

Look forward to seeing you Friday

Dave

JohnTutu

Site Supporter
Si, welcome to MD
I'm also fishing on friday I'm in Dave's team.
Hopefully I will be using a pole for the first time(that's if I get dave to do the elastic etc for me) Hopefully we can hit a few carp this time.
see you on friday
Tutu

sidev77

Site Supporter
Hi Tutu,

Hope the pole works for you. never used one in any serious way. Be nice to have it fish really well for a change!

See you Friday
Si

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Si

Is that Levy or Watkins? Is Peter Mungeam fishing this year?

John

Have you bought any pole floats yet or are you going to be after some of my rigs as well. It looks as if this could work out very expensive for you.

Elasticate three tops at 1 pint each. 3 rigs at cost price + 1 pint each.

Dave

Last edited:

sidev77

Site Supporter
Dave,

Watkins! Dont look at my result for last year!!! Bad day! Yes, Munge is fishing for the first time in a while this year.

See you Friday.

Si

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Let me guess you only needed 3 of those big lumps to finish in the frame

Peg 59 on Middle.

Never mind it cant be that bad again, or could it??????

Dave

sidev77

Site Supporter
Or can it indeed! Let's hope not. Silver lining nayway is that I am definitely doing the night now with my colleague Terry Goff, so whatever the day brings I'll be able to sup a pint of Guniness knowing I'm going back out there again!

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.