gold valley

Varna

Hi im new on here looking for some tips for fishing gold valley fishery been there 5 times fished bungalow 1st time method feeder blanked second gold two times method and waggler 1 carp on waggler with corn one session blank 2nd time round. on bat 1 carp waggler with corn method blank. syndicate method blank 1 roach on waggler with corn tried different hook baits with out any success so i need some help please as im losing my interest in the place as its not the cheapest as well.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
@Varna l suggest you save money and join a club with several waters, something like Farnam. This would give you a good choice of waters and it works out so much cheaper. They lakes that are similar would be Bagshot Lea Small Pond, its a match water or Kings Pond which is on the same site and is also used as a match water. There are several others that would be suitable.

Varna

thanks for reply it's not the money it's the lack of bites i will look at your suggestions

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I am a member of Farnham and there are others on here as well. Learn on easier waters before trying to conquer a match water which Gold Valley basically is. If you wish to go down the match route then Farnam have regular matches to try your abilities on.

Varna

hello is there any farnham members who would guest me as i would like to get a taste before joining if possible thanks

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
If you want l could show you around the waters after christmas. Being disabled I'm allowed a helper so we can visit a couple of waters.

Varna

Ok steve thanks v/much give me a shout I'm a bit restricted with times as I'm a live in housekeeper and only one day of the weekend to fish in Feb I've got more time as they will b away .

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Gold valley at the mo they're all fishing the Teabag... (PVA bags of Pellet) on either a flat modified method feeder or on the bomb (carp fishing stylee with the hooklink threaded through the bag)

Varna

I tried that on Sunday with groundbait and pellets on gold peg 55 but I may have not persuaded it for long enough it was blowing hard so top was getting blown about .thank u for the reply

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Drop the tip onto the water...?

Total

Site Supporter
Haven't fished it for many a year.....Have you tried asking in the shop or Will Raison if he is there for venue/lake information?

Varna

no i did not ask in the shop was going to chat with the guy that i think may run the matches on sunday when i left but he disappeared by the time i had pee. only seen will leaving there sunday when i arrived thanks

Jim lea

Haven’t been for a few years now, due to reasons you mentioned. Used to fish there regular and was the only venue you could guarantee not to blank. (It was the best imo).Never found out the reason but it’s nowhere near as good as it used to be, so we go elsewhere now.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Varna I haven't forgotten just waiting for wifeys shift pattern to be issued.