Gold Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Irish Angler

Can anyone give me any info on using Goldfish as Pike bait? What do other Maggottdrowners think? Has anyone any experience using them,are they any good? Any info greatly appreciated.

Cyprinid_boy

They are nice swimming around a tank or pond, not so nice with a treble hook poked up their a**e!!

MALC

Mad Irish,

As with most of us when we were young (we all broke rules most unknowingly though) i used to do a fair amount of Pike fishing back then and took livebait's from one venue and used them at another (which i now know is illegal) and also used GoldFish as bait with limited success.

Now a days though it would be illegal to use Goldfish as a bait as i'm sure you are aware livebait's (where allowed) must be caught at the venue and also with the likelihood of spreading diease from the captive Goldfish in tanks to an open water.

A better option would be the dyed frozen bait's from somewhere like Ammo Bait's.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Beebs

Seems a bit expensive to me, unless your a bit of a wizard knocking coconuts off poles with wooden balls.

scouse

'River Man'
hi mad irish
you dont mention live or dead?
are you fishing in ireland?
if so live baiting is band
as you should know,
anyway live baiting should be outlawed

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

crusty

couldn't agree more scouse,

live baitings not on. we're supposed to care about what we catch arn't we?

It dos't matter if its a goldfish, baby carp or tench, it dosn't deserve to be impaled on trebles, tethered to wire waiting to be attacked.

I fish for pike during the winter and I used to use livebaits, but not since I was about to hook on a gudgeon, when I realised what a smart fish it was. I catch pike, but not with livebaits.

don't give the antis any ammo.

ifinciincatchit

Status
Not open for further replies.