Going to the NEC

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any tips or suggestions re visiting the NEC, Birmingham ?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
yeah...don't go and if you do...hire a security guard to sit in yer motor because their onsite security is rubbish!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It works out around £150 off-peak for two of us return and 2.5 hours each way by train and that doesn't take into account parking or transport to and from the station at this end.
Compared to £50-60's worth of fuel, door to car park and two hours travelling by car

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've been to various things over the years at the NEC and driven (or ridden) every time. Yes, you'll pay at least an orange picture of her Maj to park, but all I can say is that I've never had a problem with it. Easy to get to, and easy to get back out of.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Parking on this occasion is included in the cost of the tickets, unless I've mis-read it - Going tomorrow :eek:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I go several times a year, never had an issue, depending on the size of the event, the parking can be a fair walk - worse than that for a Yorkie will be the cost of a pie, a coffee or a beer. Take a flask, a packed lunch and a chiller box ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chuff!! I haven't factored in the cost of food :eek:

Arch

Site Supporter
Upon leaving, try and get back onto the M42 at J6 (Signposted South) Otherwise you will go around the back of the NEC, and it takes ages to get to J7 (North)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Enjoy the 20 mile stretch of 50mph roadworks on the M6 near Stafford, 2 hours from Leeds to the NEC might just be a pipedream lol not too bad on a Sunday though.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not had much experience of the nec but when I have been it has seemed fairly well organised in terms of parking and the shuttle buses. Traffic around it isn’t fun though.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Yes of course its just that l live in Cheshire and when l drive to Leeds the quickest route is M6 M62 M621

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cheers everyone

Just got to drop Winston off at the dog sitter, chop up my credit and debit cards so the missus can't use them, and fill a carrier bag with emergency food, then we're off :hello:

Trust me, I won't be signing for anything either :D

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Be okay for food Dave the Spoons there is a big one and the foods pretty good.
Decent ales as well.

Did the Caravan and Camping last year and some of the statics will blow you away.
Really enjoyed it and don't even like "part time dossing" ☺