Going fishing tomorrow or not?

Zerkalo

I’ve weighed it up today and despite the nice weather I’m going to have a day doing nothing, wondering what to spend my last invoice on now I'm not buying a new Bream rod and reel.

I’m still disheartened by Patshull closing. Not that I would have fished there tomorrow as likely would have been matches on.

I’m also feeling a bit down about fishing the weir on the Stour, partly because it’s so busy there with someone always coming and fishing the downstream ‘peg’ and on the farmers land opposite you half of the time. Chub are coming out looking scruffy too.

I looked at Stourport BAA waters and there’s a booking tomorrow, would be interesting to see some results from there, as I think I’m going to head down next week. I see there’s a lot of bookings on the Severn tomorrow on the BAA site and I think it will be a busy day anyway on the Barbel stretches.

I’ve thought about other places I could go, not having any maggots, no hemp cooked, and just too late for the tackle shops today (they’re not open on Sundays at the moment), and decided I am better off waiting.

I could still go to Woodland View fishery and buy some maggots there, or just go to 'good old' Kings Nordley and fish it with pellet and sweetcorn. But I’m going to give it a miss and go on the Severn in the week instead or somewhere when it will be less busy.

How about you?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nope I’m still avoiding the weekends at the moment so I’ll be back out on the Thames Monday hopefully in my favourite roach swim again. Possibly going to go to look at a new stretch tomorrow though to have a go on at some point for when I’m ready for a change from the roach.

Zerkalo

Good idea! I might go and have a look at Highley/Burt's Stretch tomorrow... BBQ weather in the evening hopefully.

IanG1

Site Supporter
On my favourite roach Trent stretch on Monday, fancy trying to get them on the pole this time. Bronzes, casters and seed in the fridge ready hopefully the bit of water as run off and they want a chew.

ATTICUS FINCH

Match on a local commie tomorrow ,probably need near a ton to win .ten fish could see that weight .it's one of those venues where they don't crawl up your rod it's a little bit of a wait at times I will settle for a fish on average every fifteen to twenty minutes ,I think that should put me in the frame but who knows ,it might clam up tighter than Neil of the Nene's fishing expenditure or it could fish it's nuts off which if it it did then it's definitely a ton plus jobby.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Dorset stour tomorrow not expecting much supposed to sunny and hot , last day of my holiday so I have bait to use before the work thing Monday.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ive got to avoiding weekend fishing on most places local to me, unless im booked on a match, club or otherwise

The canal is okay, as I can pick and choose the section I would fish, but if theres any amount of other anglers on the water, that just sees me turning around and heading elsewhere less habited

wether its me just becoming more isolationist in my mind due to the current bug or just me getting grumpy'er and wanting to avoid the majority of human contact I aint quite sure, but my penchant for fishing alone or just with the dog is getting far more preferable the older I get

Ive got maggot, worm and the other general bait, the only thing Im short of is caster and Im hoping the whites I bought last monday get a shift on for that

weather looks sound for what I wanna fish for and where I want to go all next week if the forecast is true,

so sat and sun, I'll leave it to the masses

will sit here today, tie a few more pole rigs up and a few whip wags and watch a bit of footy on the box

got a nice gammon joint to cook for dinner with the farm fresh veg I bought on the way back from buying those rods yesterday and more strawberries for my pudding,

life is good

nejohn

Site Supporter
I'm also avoiding weekends at the minute, had an afternoon/evening session on the Wye on Tuesday and an evening session on local club lake on Friday, will probably do something similar this week, busy with work Monday and Tuesday but on leave the rest of the week so will see how the weather goes

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve weighed it up today and despite the nice weather I’m going to have a day doing nothing, wondering what to spend my last invoice on now I'm not buying a new Bream rod and reel.

I’m still disheartened by Patshull closing. Not that I would have fished there tomorrow as likely would have been matches on.

I’m also feeling a bit down about fishing the weir on the Stour, partly because it’s so busy there with someone always coming and fishing the downstream ‘peg’ and on the farmers land opposite you half of the time. Chub are coming out looking scruffy too.

I looked at Stourport BAA waters and there’s a booking tomorrow, would be interesting to see some results from there, as I think I’m going to head down next week. I see there’s a lot of bookings on the Severn tomorrow on the BAA site and I think it will be a busy day anyway on the Barbel stretches.

I’ve thought about other places I could go, not having any maggots, no hemp cooked, and just too late for the tackle shops today (they’re not open on Sundays at the moment), and decided I am better off waiting.

I could still go to Woodland View fishery and buy some maggots there, or just go to 'good old' Kings Nordley and fish it with pellet and sweetcorn. But I’m going to give it a miss and go on the Severn in the week instead or somewhere when it will be less busy.

How about you?
Get yourself and your bream tackle over to Larford.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get yourself and your bream tackle over to Larford.

Larford is a strange place, though if Phils there you can always gaurantee a bit of joshing going on

hows it fishing now since the major flooding earlier in the year, aint been there since the MFS fishing website went a bit tits up and they stopped going

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm just pottering around the garden trying to make something of the hedge that runs down one side which has gone wild over the past couple of months.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Will be going down to the lakes, but tree and shrub trimming and the usual duties. Monday, grass cutting and tidying up, Tuesday shopping day, Wednesday or Thursday down at the gun range (hopefully).

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Larford is a strange place, though if Phils there you can always gaurantee a bit of joshing going on

hows it fishing now since the major flooding earlier in the year, aint been there since the MFS fishing website went a bit tits up and they stopped going
I haven’t been in the last year Mick. I just remember catching good hauls of decent size bream there.

Silver fan 82

Going out later this arvo with my young son, little rod and reel for him, corn, hookable pellet and some groundbait on a waggler set up and see what comes along (y)

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I'll probably have a dabble at Eye Kettleby tomorrow, Tuesday is Barbel on the Trent, and Wednesday Barston, hopefully distance rod has turned up by Wednesday.

Zerkalo

Larford does sound interesting, been watching the Preston video there, but Patshull was something special, plus you could use keepnets there. :) I'm going to go for a walk at Highley on the Severn with my dad after Sunday Dinner. Lovely weather for a BBQ with my Sister later too.

ATTICUS FINCH

With regards to my earlier post in this thread it has gone far tighter than Neil of the Nene's fishing tackle costs .I've not had a single bite in four hours of commie fishing .so much for the I don't fish commies they are like shooting fish in a barrel merchants I bet they wouldn't be doing any better than the six of us in a row that haven't had a sniff of a fish between us .the other end of the lake is showing odd fish but nothing that two or three quick fish wouldn't catch up. Must go time to recast the hybrid feeder

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

How about you?
I’m planning on taking my pet Otter to see Wise Owl on the Trent but, don’t go telling him. ???

Zerkalo

I walked Highley with my dad today, we walked as far along as to the bridge upstream of the Pub. A very pretty stretch and looks a likely contender for a midweek day with my dad. Surprising amount of colour and water to the Severn but I suppose there has been a bit of rain. Should be spot on for next week.

Then went to Arley RB to show my dad the pegs I fished last time, completely different to how I remember it. And the car park is shut! See below, they've blocked it off so all the cars were parked along the road.

2020-07-12 15.58.54.jpg