Going fishing on Saturday

Sportsman

Site Supporter
To a venue where I can reasonably expect to catch something. Bream, Tench, Roach and occasional Carp, are on the menu.
Going with my old mate, who has recently recovered from a nasty viral infection, that has been doing the rounds recently. It will be my second outing this year. If I catch it will be my first fish of the year. It will be my mate's first outing of the year, so to say we are looking forward to it is a bit of an understatement. We are planning away like a pair of kids.
It would be nice to salvage something from 2020 (y)

woodbutcher

To a venue where I can reasonably expect to catch something. Bream, Tench, Roach and occasional Carp, are on the menu.
Going with my old mate, who has recently recovered from a nasty viral infection, that has been doing the rounds recently. It will be my second outing this year. If I catch it will be my first fish of the year. It will be my mate's first outing of the year, so to say we are looking forward to it is a bit of an understatement. We are planning away like a pair of kids.
It would be nice to salvage something from 2020 (y)
Good luck mate hope you empty the place have a great day??

SeanB

Site Supporter
Enjoy being out with your mate and view anything you catch as a bonus. Tight lines mate ?

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
What with?
Surely you haven't gone and purchased a fishing rod / participated in capitalism ;) Marx 'l be rolling in his tomb.

Tight lines.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Well, I made it, at last.
Fished from 3pm to 8pm and tried the Pole, waggler and feeder. Most successful method was a GB feeder at 30,. best bait was three maggots on a size 14. closely followed by sweetcorn.
Ended with about 20 skimmers up to one and a half pound, 4 proper bream, 2 tench around 3lb each and a beautiful rudd of around a pound. Plus, of course, thousands (seemed like) 1-2oz roach
Mate had a similar, but not so many. ;)
Must do it again soon(y)

Silver fan 82

Well, I made it, at last.
Fished from 3pm to 8pm and tried the Pole, waggler and feeder. Most successful method was a GB feeder at 30,. best bait was three maggots on a size 14. closely followed by sweetcorn.
Ended with about 20 skimmers up to one and a half pound, 4 proper bream, 2 tench around 3lb each and a beautiful rudd of around a pound. Plus, of course, thousands (seemed like) 1-2oz roach
Mate had a similar, but not so many. ;)
Must do it again soon(y)
Well done mate, glad you had a good session ?

Sportsman

Site Supporter
was that a public lake ?

No, it is Brit owned 7acre day ticket water. It is well stocked with silvers and very occasional carp that aren't too large but fight like hell. It makes a change from the Brit owned big carp holiday waters.
Howard has bream over 10lb in the lake. They come from the big carp lakes, of which there are many in the area, as an unwanted "nuisance"

The lake

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Dave, good to read that the two of you enjoyed your session. :upthumb:

Sportsman

Site Supporter
It was a good session, but I don't think I did it justice. I was not fishing well after the long break. I wasted a lot of time and effort on the pole, due to basic incompetence. It was only when I started to fish the feeder seriously that I started to catch properly. If I had fished feeder from the start I am sure that I could have doubled that catch.