Go pro batteries

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I got a GoPro 9 black off Santa.
Looking for spare battery. Any advice what to buy. Kids who bought it say. Buy cheap buy twice.
Not sure about spare sd card. One they bought is 128gb. Will I need a spare .
1 GoPro battery and a charger £50
Amazon product
Or 3 copies for £43
Amazon product

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
If you record on 1080p quality the card should hold four days of footage (according to google) so I don't think storage should be an issue for most applications. See how much gets used up in say an hour and decide from there.

It really depends upon how you intend to use it. If you're planning to record long trips (hours in length) that's a very different scenario to recording short skiing trips.

Battery wise, it depends if you want a cheap backup for emergencies or whether you plan on regularly recording for hours on end that exceed a single batteries capacity. If it was just emergencies I'd go for the cheap option.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Just looked on GoPro website
1 Battery £20
1 battery and charger £50. Same as above.

Philocalist

Have run GoPro's for nearly 2 years - have several batteries that I swap out at random, both GoPro branded and independent (they EAT batteries), and I've seen no noticable difference (other than cost) in either performance or charging time.
A big argument for having more than one storage card is simply safety - I use multiple 64GB cards and will normally struggle to fill more than a couple in a day, and rotate the cards - stuff on cards, taken on day 1 dont go back into the camera until the contents have been dumped onto a laptop etc - likewise cards from day 2, day 3 etc, at which point (hopefully) I'll have emptied the cards off day 1 so can use those again - and on the odd chance you lose a card, or manage to record over the top of something etc, you dont lose too much. FWIW, I've yet to see any real difference between top-end, super-fast (and expensive) cards, and those with more modest prices, as long as they meet the minimum spec given for the camera - though I DO tend to stick to recognised brand-names rather than generic cards from China.

2ts

Site Supporter
This may help