Go Fishing NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scales

Vinny
Does anybody ever go, I've been to a couple and found them a bit dissapointing I feel they could do with having more tackle sales, but they just seem to sell the old stuff that they can't get shut of in the shops. And I'm sure more of the major tackle suppliers could attend too.

Cheers,

Scales.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I went a few years ago & enjoyed it, picked up some real bargains & got to have a chat with John Wilson, Bob Nudd & Liam Dale.

I also got to scowl at "Big" Des Taylor (i also know a lady who gave him a right hook) [:D]

The bargians were great & not all the stuff was old stock from the shops, there was a lot of new stuff including the Okuma reels which were only just coming into the country at the time.

I think the main reason most of the tackle companies/ traders have pulled out is due to a price fixing scam pulled by the people who ran the NEC show.

I spoke with a mate who's a trader there & he reckons that unike the Yalex shows they were only allowed to sell at certain prices (Yalex let you set your own prices).

Plus last years foot & mouth killed a lot of the shows & to be honest i believe a lot of traders/companies & manufacturers have used it as an excuse to not return to the NEC.

Try checking out the following link for infomation on the Yalex shows.

click here

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Del-J

' Victor '
Hi Scales & Troggie to I suppose.....lol.[;)][;)]

Must agree with what you both have said about the N.E.C. show. I have been a couple of times and have not been all that impressed, although the first time I went most of the well known suppliers were there.

I hear that A/T are running the show next year so it might be better. Then on the other hand............

Del

Not fishing? Then talk to your mates on M/Ds.

MALC

Been every year since the first one (when it was FREE to park) and it's got worse every year and every year i say thats it i'm not going again BUT i still do.

And i suppose i will again next year.

Met up with Waxy at this years show (which made it a bit better).

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Big Brian

Went to the show a few years ago... couldn't buy as the dealers were told it was only an exibition but they told you the nearest dealer in your area to buy them.. Some did take your money and post goods on after the show.. I bought a net bag and it arrived in two days.
Can't see the point of traveling all the way to the NEC and not buy something. I believe they have lifted the sales ban so I might go next time ( providing her who must be obeyed agrees!!!!)

norm

big brian

her that must be obeyed must be some size to tell you what to do (lol)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Big man

When was the last time you went??

I went a couple of years ago & was buying stuff with no problems what so ever, i know one of the lads who went ended up spending his life savings on stuff (well he spent every penny in his wallet & nearly melted his credit card) [:D]

As i've said before though i prefer the yalex ones (Stoneliegh last year was the last one i went to), now that place had REAL bargains.

Brought Dian n me matching float rods & reels for 16 (8 a set) & new brollies for 20 (10 each), the rods may only be "internationals" but their good bits of kit for the money [:D]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Polepot

Poles
I have been to this event twice - once in the early days when it had just started and found that very dissapointing.

I then went last year and fount it very good. I agree with Trogg the Yalex Shows are better if you are buying tackle but to assess and evaluate new product the NEC takes a lot of beating - The Pole ally was excellent as were some of the manufacturers stands.

I'm definately going again this year if only to try the new poles - but I will not be buying one this year, really dear.

If anyone else is going and fances a few
put up a posting near the date and hopefully we can arrange to meet up.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Last edited:

jonesr

Have just seen the 1st Advert for Go Fishing 2003 in Match Angling +!!! And the Winter has only just arrived!

Ron J

Zinky

Grumpy
Well her we go again and it's not Christmas.
This year will be a wizz if I can pull a little something off.
So bee cool a wait [?]

"I blame Trogg for everthing"
Websites http://www.skrinkle.co.uk
http://www.anglingforums.co.uk
http://www.now4tackle.com

Status
Not open for further replies.