Gloves when fishing

Silver fan 82

My sister just bought me a pair of neoprene gloves where the finger and thumb folds back presumably for fishing! Anyone wear gloves when fishing or do you find they get in the way and are no good for holding fish with? Also did I just imagine it or could you get gloves with a little roller on for pole fishing? Think I did just imagine that...

I can see me using these on very cold days when feeder fishing and not catching many Barbel and Chub.
I personally don't wear them for the reasons you said in the OP mate.

squimp

Site Supporter
Snowbee do lightweight neoprene gloves (minus ends of thumb and one finger ) that are good And also not expensive.

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
If its biting cold l might put on a pair of surgical gloves but othéwise l dont bother. If l'm on the pole l'll put up with the cold, on the tip and l'll sit on my hands.
As Baggy said, a big dollop of vaseline rubbed into your hands till dry helps keep the cold out.

BBear

Site Supporter
I use handwarmers rather than gloves. Used to use the Whitby ones which use lighter fluid but my son bought me a rechargeable one for Xmas and it’s brilliant- plus it acts as a battery bank for charging up a phone.

I only wear gloves walking to and from the peg.

davylad

Site Supporter
Some of you lot must have been watching the footballers, they wear gloves until the temp gets over 60f. I personally can't be doing with them, I might do when I'm a bit older though. ;)

Simon R

Site Supporter
Not sure if they're from Aldi. Stands a chance! Says Pro Climate on them.

2021-03-22 11.59.49.jpg
Those aren't the Aldi ones
Aldi are black fingerless ones - their own brand clothing is 'Crane' I think
I've got a pair of the Aldi ones - had them about five years I think, although I only wear them 3 or 4 times a year.

Thin enough to wear whilst fishing and the open fingers don't hamper unhooking fish or rebaiting

Simon

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Turns out my sister bought me TWO pairs of gloves as she thought the one pair might be too small. I thought these were spare liners for the other gloves but it's a separate pair, a pair of thing black ones.

2021-03-23 19.56.52.jpg

R0B

The Snowbee ones are excellent - especially the full finger ones (though obviously not to great for baiting small hooks).
I've always suffered with cold hands - most of the time I don't actually feel the cold but once it gets below about 3 and I've been sitting a while it really starts to take hold. Overdressing in general and having some oversize ski gloves for periodic warming is the best I've found for general coarse fishing. For fly and lure fishing or for big bait roving the Snowbee ones were awesome.