Glides, creases and slacks for beginners...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice teaser! I have had a day today with a similar situation, lots of leaves washed up where I usually fish just on the slack side of the crease so I fished it on the main flow side of the crease instead. Not to say I don't usually fish in the flow, but I was more in the flow than usual today.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Nice one Danny, as someone is very new to river fishing that is helpful. I am part way through reading 'How To Read Water: Clues & Patterns from Puddles to the Sea by Tristan Gooley SBN-13 : 978-1473615205 Very interesting read for anyone trying to learn watercraft.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is my 'usual catching area' (that's what the text says) hopefully the pic is the right size as I had to resize it.

That area is where all the food washes up, but also where all the leaves wash up, so I have had to fish just to the upper left of it, just at the bottom of the white water.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 21.36.51.png

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nothing better than finding a nice glide that you just know will produce. Once you find one its only ever a matter of time until you feel the tugging and thumping of a roach or the writhing and twisting of a dace!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Nice one Danny. Did your kids teach you that ? 😆 Where are they anyway ? I thought we may have seen your daughter showing a pike or three the canal towpath as the temperature drops. Take care fella and stay safe. 👍