Glebe Teams of 3

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
With the numbers fishing up and down like a hoo-hars drawers, we finally made it!
18 foolish hardy souls turned up with @MOGZ surprising everyone by turning up late… 😱 but he made it! Well done Moggy! 😜 @Neil ofthe nene shattered the peace and tranquility of the Glebe and 90’s gear found the front gates after driving past them 4 times… 🙄 I’ll email Roy to see if he can paint them fluorescent pink… 😜

At the draw, the delightful and delectable @Scribe kindly volunteered to be MO assistant for the day, thank you muchly (gutted… I asked for a long haired, long legged brunette with big boobies and I got a short haired, short legged brunette with a big belly 🙄😆)

@tysontim and @160642fishing battled it out for 300lb winning peg number 1. @tysontim won by a TKO leaving @160642fishing on peg 2.

Onto the fishing.
6 teams of 3. 3 sections of 6, 1 team member from each team in each section.

The fishing was hard with the mid week cold weather and not long after the all in it became clear that you’d have to work hard for a decent weight. At the weigh in, weights were surprisingly low with no 100lb weights being recorded.

After 2 carp all day, the bream turned up in my swim 20mins from the end… typical! 😢 sorry for letting my team down with a very sorry 6 points.

Winners decided on points:
1st - 6 points - team 1
@Peter @90sGear @Stewie74

2nd - 7 points - team 3
@Maesknoll @cant compete @kev coke

3rd - 9 points - team 2
@Neil ofthe nene @notneeded @Martin25664

4th - 11 points - team 4
@tysontim @matt @Whisker

5th - 14 points - team 6
@160642fishing @chris1967 @MOGZ

6th - 16 points - team 5
@Scribe @buygoodtackle @Clive

To summarise, @Peter ’Mugger’ framed (again), @MOGZ was late (again), @Scribe lost… his front teeth, blowing bream slime off his line 🤣, @tysontim blew it on 300lb winning peg 1, and @Neil ofthe nene who wasn’t going to fish but was persuaded otherwise, helped his team gallop into 3rd place, well done. And well done all the framers on a very dry day (most unusual for an MD get together 😮).

A big thank you to everyone who helped with the weigh in and well done all the framers, hope you all enjoyed the day 😬👍

Attachments

• 85E0C23C-97D9-4744-BA65-A0F105CEF418.jpeg
    85E0C23C-97D9-4744-BA65-A0F105CEF418.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 95
  • B9367E5F-34BA-49E6-A5BA-FF91CA87CA28.jpeg
    B9367E5F-34BA-49E6-A5BA-FF91CA87CA28.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I didnt get a bite for the first 2 hours it wasn't until @Neil ofthe nene very kindly gave me some micros and 3 mm expanders. I know it turned cold but really that's the smallest size bait I ever put on a hook. Strangest thing was the weather it seemed to get colder as the day went on.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Thanks whisker for the day .
Well done to the framing teams on such a ruff day and everyone who attended ,
If you build it they will come
Scribe ppm4
Whisker glebe 2 .

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great day and I got to meet two of my heros. Thanks for organising.

Fun driving home on the race track called the M1.

M42, M5, M4 and M32 for me, wasn’t too bad, managed to make good progress most of the way back, unusual for a Saturday evening.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Having never fished the Glebe a bit of homework was required Thankfully I know Andy Kinder (Maver) well enough to be able to phone him up and pick his brains as I knew that he fishes there regularly. His advice was that with the weather turning colder he felt that the fish may well back off and just feed in short bursts. His recommendation was micro's through a small cage with either a wafter/ pellet or dead reds for hookbait. with 13mtr and 5mtr pole lines as an option.

An early start with a stop at Tibshelf Services for a couple of sausage & egg McMuffins plus a small detour due to a road closure near the fishery saw me arrive around 8am and a chance for a catch up with the rest of the days participants prior to the draw ably conducted by Ian and Kev.

It turned out that I drew peg 8 which meant absolutely nothing to me
1f923.png

Glebe Lake1 peg8.jpg

7° C on arrival with a cool breeze didn't bode well and it remained overcast and seemed to get cooler as the day progressed. I decided it was going to be Carp or bust for me. I only managed 9 bites all day but landed 8 of them after being conclusively seen off by the first, to weigh in exactly 40lbs. Performance of the day has to go to Chris (@Maesknoll) who absolutely battered me off the next peg with a fine 97lbs 9ozs for top individual weight on the day. :upthumb:

As it turned out I was part of the winning team along with @90sGear & @Stewie74 so a few welcome beer tokens came our way and I managed a bonus Nugget off @notneeded :D

Thanks to Ian and Kev for putting this on and all those that attended, without you there would be no match to fish.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Great format I thought despite not been properly prepared for Winter fishing I mean 3mm expanders (never knew they made hook bait that small :D) I definitely put in more effort to try to catch up than I would have if it was single results counted.

Did anyone else have any ghost carp, as I can't recall seeing any in the weigh in. Both of my two carp were ghosties and definitely put a bend in the top kit which was reward enough on the day. :)

buygoodtackle

Site Supporter
Many thanks to all concerned for the opportunity to fish this. Was a cold wind up on peg 11 and the fish arrived with half an hour to go just too late!

tysontim

You only have one life, live it to the full.
Site Supporter
Thanks to Whisker for running this match, also a big thanks to the guys who carried my gear 👍.
As for drawing the flyer, it was awful on the day, cold flat calm and devoid of fish 😆😆.( Always next time.)
Got back at 8.30pm thanks to my sat nav taking me all through Leicester City Centre.😡

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Thanks to Whisker for running this match, also a big thanks to the guys who carried my gear 👍.
As for drawing the flyer, it was awful on the day, cold flat calm and devoid of fish 😆😆.( Always next time.)
Got back at 8.30pm thanks to my sat nav taking me all through Leicester City Centre.😡
Last bloody time I'm following you,we'd done about ten miles from Glebe when we came on to a main road with the Esso station on it which is,if I'm not mistaken about two miles from the venue :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: