Glebe Teams of 3

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
There’s something about an MD match that makes it a pleasure to be an MO Pete 👍
Having been involved on both sides over the years I have to say that it's down to those participating and their attitude, It's about the taking part. Pot and Glory Hunters tend to be disappointed when they realise that the only thing people are interested in are the bragging rights and the banter at the end of the day. ;)

NB: The odd side bet involving a "Golden Nugget" and a fellow competitor is entirely acceptable in such circumstances.:upthumb:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Having been involved on both sides over the years I have to say that it's down to those participating and their attitude, It's about the taking part. Pot and Glory Hunters tend to be disappointed when they realise that the only thing people are interested in are the bragging rights and the banter at the end of the day. ;)

NB: The odd side bet involving a "Golden Nugget" and a fellow competitor is entirely acceptable in such circumstances.:upthumb:
You better hope that HMRC don't get wind of your ahem........alternative income stream. :D:D

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Only just seen this - too many forums to read through for a busy working man..... stick me down as a reserve, ta.

If I get on, happy to run a superpool.

Whisker

Site Supporter
There’s a long way to go yet M, you’re in with a chance... added 👍

MOGZ

Ive not fished the glebe for ages but its such an awesome venue you cant ignore the opportunity

Lake 1 anything can work
all rod and all pole disciplines
if your worried or not sure what to do just ask - everyone here is a friendly bunch and for us all its a laugh and the prises arent serious enough for money chasers or the big names

as long as you can cast and be disciplined in feeding you will catch

Whisker

Site Supporter
I’d say depths average 4-6’ with 2-4’ in the margins.
As Mogz said, all disciplines work. Long pole and 2+2, down the margins, waggler/pellet wag. On the tip, cast a feeder over to the far bank, as close as you can get.
Bait: pellet and corn mostly (no meat or bread), but take maggot and/or caster for the silvers - of which there are good numbers of skimmers and bream, worth targeting if you’re struggling.

MOGZ

ifr youve not fished it before or you dont fish a cage feeder much the one thing that will catch you out is the 20inch hooklength
if you try and 'launch' your feeder close over it will end in tears as the hooklength will fold over into the far bank if your chucking it tight. you need to be able to land and feather it

my bait will solely consist of 6 and 8mm pellets plus groundbait
2 plus 2 deck
long pole shallow or deck
edge
feeder

piscatorial

ifr youve not fished it before or you dont fish a cage feeder much the one thing that will catch you out is the 20inch hooklength
And you have to be careful with that one, as its not the actual hook length, but its the minimum of 20" hanging below your feeder.
Depending on how you set up your rigs your actual hook length could be 24 or 26".

Kingcarp8888

Site Supporter
How do chaps and chappeses.
Following a bit of ping pong email tennis with @Scribe, I have booked Lake 1 at the Glebe on Saturday 23rd October 2021 which should be approximately 3 weeks after the 2021 Pork Pie match (details for which are coming soon).

There are 30 pegs on Lake 1 and given the time of year, I'll cap this match at 18 to give everyone fishing some extra room.

In true Maggotdrowners spirit, the match will be as fair as possible for all abilities and a staggering 50% of you lucky anglers will go home with some dosh.

The format will be:
  • 6 x teams of 3 anglers
  • 1 member of each team in each section
  • Each angler will draw a ball that says (for example) T4 S1, which means that angler will be fishing in Team 4 and fishing in Section 1
  • Once all teams have been selected, the anglers will then go on to draw their pegs
  • Each angler MUST weigh in as the winning teams will be decided on total TEAM weight
  • There will be nice envelopes containing said dosh for the Top 3 teams

Peg fees to be paid by 30th September (details nearer the date).
I will send reminders nearer the date but I will not chase you after 30th Sept.
Anyone not paid on by then will be removed from the list and a reserve added.

The cost for this fantastic event is an eye watering £20 all in, comprising of £10 peg fee and £10 pools.

This leaves us with £180 to pay out to the top 3 teams, as follows:
1st £90 (£30 each)
2nd £60 (£20 each)
3rd £30 (£10 each)

If someone wants to run an optional superpool, let me know and I'll point people in your direction on the day.

I need to see Roy about where we can do the draw, hopefully outside the marquee if there's no other matches and likely fishing 10.30am - 3.30pm.

I have 1 set of scales, weigh net and bar, @ulladubulla has kindly offered to bring a set. I'd like 1 more set so we have a set for each section if possible to speed up the weigh in.
Any help with weighing in equipment will be greatly appreciated but won't guarantee you an envelope! ;)

@Dave please add to MD Match calender, thank you.

Glebe website here:

Ariel view of the Glebe complex (with pegs) here:

Glebe Rules here:

Over to you...

1/ 160642fishing
2/ 90’sGear
3/ Arch
4/ crayfishtraps
5/ Dave
6/ Dirk
7/ kev coke
8/ Martin 25664
9/ matt
10/ Mogz
11/ Neal ofthe nene
12/ notneeded
13/ Peter (Mugger)
14/ piscatorial
15/ Scribe
16/ tysontim (compassionate peg)
17/ ulladubulla (bringing scales)
18/ Whisker (bringing scales)

Reserves:
1/ Maesknoll - superpool
2/ Jononcb
3/
Reserve please

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Whisker whisker where for art thou whisker ?
On Lake 6 peg 96
That the GLEBE
😀😀😀😀
Bit early for a look ??

Whisker

Site Supporter
Close but no cigar... Lake 6, peg 97. I should have stayed at home.
2 contrasting days, Lake 7, peg 104 yesterday I had 108lb. Couldn’t buy a bite today.
Lake 1 looked to be fishing well, waiting for results on FB later.

Last edited:

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
That was a miss print on my part 96-97
I see Young Sam won overall with over 430 pound ???