Glebe Teams of 3

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Whisker

Site Supporter
How do chaps and chappeses.
Following a bit of ping pong email tennis with @Scribe, I have booked Lake 1 at the Glebe on Saturday 23rd October 2021 which should be approximately 3 weeks after the 2021 Pork Pie match (details for which are coming soon).

There are 30 pegs on Lake 1 and given the time of year, I'll cap this match at 18 to give everyone fishing some extra room.

In true Maggotdrowners spirit, the match will be as fair as possible for all abilities and a staggering 50% of you lucky anglers will go home with some dosh.

The format will be:
  • 6 x teams of 3 anglers
  • 1 member of each team in each section
  • Each angler will draw a ball that says (for example) T4 S1, which means that angler will be fishing in Team 4 and fishing in Section 1
  • Once all teams have been selected, the anglers will then go on to draw their pegs
  • Each angler MUST weigh in as the winning teams will be decided on total TEAM weight
  • There will be nice envelopes containing said dosh for the Top 3 teams

Peg fees to be paid by 30th September (details nearer the date).
I will send reminders nearer the date but I will not chase you after 30th Sept.
Anyone not paid on by then will be removed from the list and a reserve added.

The cost for this fantastic event is an eye watering £20 all in, comprising of £10 peg fee and £10 pools.

This leaves us with £180 to pay out to the top 3 teams, as follows:
1st £90 (£30 each)
2nd £60 (£20 each)
3rd £30 (£10 each)

If someone wants to run an optional superpool, let me know and I'll point people in your direction on the day.

I need to see Roy about where we can do the draw, hopefully outside the marquee if there's no other matches and likely fishing 10.30am - 3.30pm.

I have 1 set of scales, weigh net and bar, @ulladubulla has kindly offered to bring a set. I'd like 1 more set so we have a set for each section if possible to speed up the weigh in.
Any help with weighing in equipment will be greatly appreciated but won't guarantee you an envelope! ;)

@Dave please add to MD Match calender, thank you.

Glebe website here:

Ariel view of the Glebe complex (with pegs) here:

Glebe Rules here:

Over to you...

1/ 160642fishing
2/ 90’sGear
3/ Arch
4/ crayfishtraps
5/ Dave
6/ Dirk
7/ kev coke
8/ Martin 25664
9/ matt
10/ Mogz
11/ Neal ofthe nene
12/ notneeded
13/ Peter (Mugger)
14/ piscatorial
15/ Scribe
16/ tysontim (compassionate peg)
17/ ulladubulla (bringing scales)
18/ Whisker (bringing scales)

Reserves:
1/ Maesknoll - superpool
2/ Jononcb
3/ Kingcarp8888

Last edited:

Arch

Site Supporter
Yes please. I'm not a commercial angler, but I've never fished the Glebe and would like to give it a go.

Edit; And I'm going to fish the pork pie match as well.

Last edited:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Yes please. I'm not a commercial angler, but I've never fished the Glebe and would like to give it a go.

Edit; And I'm going to fish the pork pie match as well.
No problem-o Arch (instantly recognisable by the big hair but that may change now he can get it cut!)
The beauty of the teams of 3 format is that you have 2 teammates to help you bud... glad to have you on it (y)

Whisker

Site Supporter
i like it there but..hope neilofthenene is going..then i can follow him because dont want to get lost again
Ye, not sure where you live Pete, Northants way I think?
The Glebe is just round the corner from the Caterpillar factory in Desford.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I don’t understand why you lot always book these matches so late in the year, when the weather will probably be $hit , and the fishing hit and miss 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a venue I've never fished and I'm pretty sure that Dave hasn't either, so it'll be nice to fish somewhere new to us. :upthumb: