Glebe Mystery Teams of 4

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Yep, our Kev' did mention it!;):giggle:
Scurrilous rumour. I'll have you done for slander & libel. you will be hearing from my solicitors Messrs Spendit,Surcharge & Whackitup !

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Please bear in mind the following when tying hook lengths for 'The Glebe';)(y)

"....6. When feeder or straight lead fishing a tail of at least 20 inches or 50cm must hang below the feeder or lead. No tucking baits or hook lengths into feeders......"

That doesn’t apply to me……

kev coke

Please bear in mind the following when tying hook lengths for 'The Glebe';)(y)

"....6. When feeder or straight lead fishing a tail of at least 20 inches or 50cm must hang below the feeder or lead. No tucking baits or hook lengths into feeders......"
Think I will leave the rods at home then as with a 20’ hooklength I will spend more time on the far bank than I will in the water

Whisker

Site Supporter
Pre match, I can usually cast spot on to clip up.

Say the words “ALL IN!” and my feeder rod seems fearful of catching any fish; it develops a mind of its own and casts aimlessly and consistently into any far bank bush or tree.

The problem is so bad, I’ve written to Maver asking they change the name of their rods from Maver Abyss to Maver Abysmal and they had the audacity to suggest that there was nothing wrong with their rods, it must be owner… bloomin’ cheek! 😱🤬😂

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Whisker
Just cast a bit short of the far bank when clipping up ?
When you fill your feeder it a bit heavier and the line stretches so you end up the far bank 😂😂😂

Whisker

Site Supporter
Last year I was quite accurate and consistent and thought I’d cracked it; this year I’ve been bloomin’ awful! 😂

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’ve posted about my inconsistent feeder casting over the last few weeks. That’s with a method/hybrid feeder with hookbait safely buried.

Now I’ve got to worry about about a 20inch tail swinging loose off the bottom of the feeder, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me😂😂

Will definitely give it a go though, I’ve just bought 4 cage feeders so will have at least 4 chucks throughout the day👍👍

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I am not sure why people worry about the 20 inch hooklength. It will trail behind the feeder and almost certainly not have the momentum to overtake it when the feeder hits the clip.

Just watch a proper angler, I understand Maesknoll is going.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Would the 6 Oz feeder cages I bought for the Trent be a tad too heavy ? :unsure::unsure::):)

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I am not sure why people worry about the 20 inch hooklength. It will trail behind the feeder and almost certainly not have the momentum to overtake it when the feeder hits the clip.

Just watch a proper angler, I understand Maesknoll is going.
I was joking Neil.

I can cast hooks buried in method feeders into the trees as well👍