Glebe Mystery Teams of 4

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Word of warning for those travelling down the M1. From what I can remember turns off to Mallory are very few and far between. Last time I went some 15 years ago, I puklled into the service station and asked the police to let me out into the barrier entrance to a road that went over. Whilst they did it, I am sure that it wouldn't be done again.

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Regarding your match at the Glebe, there is a catering van on site, not sure when's it's open, might only be for corporate events etc, ask Roy for further information.
Best of luck to you all, don,t ignore your margins.
Form somebody fortunate to live in the next village

Arch

Site Supporter
For those of you who want to experience the fine dining available in Ronald's finest eatery before the match, there is one closer to the M1 J21 than the Fosse park one.

Exit the M1 at J21 on to the A5460 towards Fosse park and immediately get in the LEFT hand lane. After 100yds take the slip road off and then get in the RIGHT hand lane of the slip road that takes you to a roundabout. Cross the roundabout (2nd exit) onto the Meridian business park. Turn right, and there it is.

After your meal ?? Retrace your steps back to the roundabout, but this time turn Left (1st exit) onto Lubbesthorpe way. Carry on on Lubbesthorpe way for about 4 miles until you come to the first roundabout. (This is the A47 Leicester - Hinckley rd)

Turn left and stay on this road for maybe 5-6 miles. After leaving the houses and entering the countryside, cross a traffic light controlled cross roads with a Petrol station on the right. A mile-ish further on, turn right for the Caterpillar factory. Then take the first left, down the side of the factory, signposted Peckleton and the Glebe is on the left just after some cottages.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Regarding your match at the Glebe, there is a catering van on site, not sure when's it's open, might only be for corporate events etc, ask Roy for further information.
Best of luck to you all, don,t ignore your margins.
Form somebody fortunate to live in the next village
Thanks for the info Rocket. I think the catering van is only there for the May charity matches and the sponsored match events.
Thanks @Arch I can get to the Glebe and back through the villages but don’t know any alternative routes, I’d rely on Satnav 👍

Last edited: