Glebe Mystery Teams of 4

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I’ll be running a superpool on the day, totally optional, £10, payout will be 100%, details to be confirmed when entry known.

chris1967

Site Supporter
no method feeders damn ,off to the shop to buy A cage feeder lol. only kidding might start a thread though "recommend me a cage feeder";)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Neil ofthe nene That's a shame Neil I was hoping to catch up with you on the day. Fingers crossed the angiogram goes well, you have been through enough already my friend.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Just a reminder that the Glebe Rules can be found here:

£10 pools to pay on the day for those not already paid.

Maesknoll is running an optional superpool for anyone who’s interested.

If anyone’s got a set of scales & weigh net, it’ll help speed up the weigh in (if push comes to shove I may be able to borrow a set off Roy but I know he’s got another match running so there’s no guarantees).

Breakfasts - there’s no cafe unfortunately so people will have to make their own arrangements depending where you’re travelling from.

All the latest info including runners and riders can be found at the top of page 1.

3 people still doubtful so @Clive @Barbelcatcher standby…

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
@Neil ofthe nene That's a shame Neil I was hoping to catch up with you on the day. Fingers crossed the angiogram goes well, you have been through enough already my friend.
Whisker has very kindly allowed me to delay my final decision until after next Wednesday. So for now my name stays on the list. I will know whether I can drive to the match as soon as I leave hospital Wednesday evening. An angiogram itself is not that intrusive but if a second stent has to be fitted then I may not be allowed to drive for one or four weeks.

I apologise to the reserves for possibly making a late decision, I hope you understand.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mmmmmmmmm, time to tie up some 20" hooklengths then. ;)

Is there a McDonalds anywhere close to the fishery?
There is/was a breakfast van in a lay-by nearby that I’ve used in the past, was always pretty decent, but I haven’t been for a couple of years so not sure if it’s still there or the quality.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Peter If you are heading down the M1 there is always Leicester Forest East Services at Junction 21 - I am planning on going there. Just slingshot around Junction 21 back on to the M1 heading Northbound into the services and then after breakfast it's off at Junction 21A onto A46 (it's very close to the services off at first exit on the A46 next roundabout it's a right turn keep going until taking a right onto the A47

Route from Northbound services

Total

Site Supporter
Mmmmmmmmm, time to tie up some 20" hooklengths then. ;)
Please bear in mind the following when tying hook lengths for 'The Glebe';)(y)

"....6. When feeder or straight lead fishing a tail of at least 20 inches or 50cm must hang below the feeder or lead. No tucking baits or hook lengths into feeders......"

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
by the looks of things i could be only one who fishes with the pole...and only one who blanks...lol..but im good at blanking so beware...lol

Whisker

Site Supporter
Re McDonalds, I pass one 10mins from home so I don’t know of anything other than Leicester Forest services. I go M1 south, come off at J22 and go the back roads through Thornton and Merry Lees and you’ll pass 2 Co-ops that are open but if you don’t know that way, follow Scribes directions.
@MrBen very kind, thank you very much. Have you got a weigh sling? Might be able to scrounge one if not, or I might buy another 🙂

MrBen

Site Supporter
I’ve got a little weigh bag, but doesn’t take much more than 50lb but that’s the same as the scales top out at.

Whisker

Site Supporter
That’ll do Ben, if you can bring them we’ll get weighed in in half the time… cheers 👍