Glebe Mystery Teams of 3

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
There’s many routes to get to the Glebe depending where you’re coming from obviously, but generally speaking, if you’re coming from the south, M1 J21 Leicester Forest, you’ll follow A47.

If you’re coming from the north going through Thornton/Merry Lees/Desford and hit the diversion at Desford, follow diversion signs which will take you onto the A47 - Follow signs to Caterpillar/ Peckleton Rd Business Park.

Some landmarks to look out for:

Bulls Head pub on the left

Follow road until right turn at traffic lights towards Peckleton Common and Caterpillar (Esso garage on right)

Follow road, turn left at sign for Peckleton Rd Business Park

Follow road until you get to Glebe entrance on your left (drive careful as the gates are partially hidden behind bushes - if you get to Peckleton village sign you’ve gone too far).

I had a dummy run to the Glebe yesterday to the roadworks and followed the diversion route. Shouldn’t be a problem for anyone 🙂

Attachments

• 0BF33346-A932-4466-9A60-569CB155E74C.jpeg
    0BF33346-A932-4466-9A60-569CB155E74C.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 14
  • ED1BE735-4A01-4C5D-8A5F-8BD5CDC9CF26.jpeg
    ED1BE735-4A01-4C5D-8A5F-8BD5CDC9CF26.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Step down your feed, small feed pots, change of weather seems to quickly effect the Glebe, always seems to fish better later in the day. There plenty of silvers, but need a different approach, best of luck to you all, enjoy one of the best fisheries in the country.

dirk

Site Supporter
Just had my PCR test back and I've tested positive for Covid :mad: So to keep you guys safe I'm reluctantly having to pull out. As I only had a bit of a cough I was hoping it was just a cold but had to make sure. Hope you all catch lots of fish (y)

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Replied mate, take care 👍

A place available if anyone fancies a day at the Glebe…?

If not, Plan A:
I’ll run it as 6 teams of 3 - I’ll still take my gear but not fish if everyone else turns up.

Plan B:
If there’s a no show in the morning, I’ll fish and run 6 teams of 3.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@dirk sorry to hear about your positive test mate, look after yourself chip, after all we only have one Lakeview venue expert don't we. :)

Seriously though chip don't rush to get back bankside as we are all aware by now, Covid is a nasty bug even if you have been jabbed to the max.

kev coke

Definitely lol
Replied mate, take care 👍

A place available if anyone fancies a day at the Glebe…?

If not, Plan A:
I’ll run it as 6 teams of 3 - I’ll still take my gear but not fish if everyone else turns up.

Plan B:
If there’s a no show in the morning, I’ll fish and run 6 teams of 3.
Whisker you can still fish with the original plan of 4 teams of 5 all you have to do is drop the worse result from the 3 full teams

Stewie74

Making it up as I go along…..
Site Supporter
Right, bait sorted, hooklengths tied, kit ready to load, waterproofs in the car, map app loaded and ready.

Looking forward to tomorrow, see you all there👍👍👍

(And apologies in advance to my team-mates😂😂)

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Thanks Mogz,
Just had an email and we're OK now but thanks anyway... I'll see you in the morning.

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
OK, so we're back to the original plan of 6 x teams of 3 (I think :oops:)... I'll see you all in the morning... (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.