Glebe Mystery Teams of 3

Added to Calendar: 23/10/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Site Supporter
Some good weights there... having not fished the Glebe for over a decade now, can anyone shed any light onto the average stamp of carp that are in lake 1 please?

Whisker

Site Supporter
I’d say the carp average 4-8lb and there are a few low doubles in there.

The good bream pegs tend to be around 24 - 26 but, fish being fish, they can turn up anywhere - peg 22 yesterday (peg 22 incidentally, is also known as the best feeder peg in Europe).

Peg 1 can be a flyer (usually in summer), but so can the other end peg, peg 30 - which end the fish are at is anyone’s guess but neither end can be ignored.

Yesterday’s weigh sheets are typical of how Lake 1 has fished all year - the top weights can come from anywhere so it’ll make for a very interesting match 👍

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
After yesterday's procedure I will be able to fish on the 23rd. Investigation only because they ran out of time to fit the stent they identified I need. A couple of emergencies meant I was seen late in the day. I need to go back for the stent in a few weeks.

Good news or bad? I suppose it depends if you draw next to me.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Just over a week to go and we have 20 paid peg fees, thank you.
People fully paid are myself and:

@Peter
@tysontim
@kev coke

Everyone else, please bring £10 pools to pay on the day and another £10 if you’re going in @Maesknoll superpool.

We still have 2 reserves so if anyone can’t make it, please let me know ASAP.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Pegs for next week - pegging is ‘peg 2 miss 1’ to spread anglers evenly and ensure everyone has a spare peg.

1 member from each team in each section.

Section A: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7
Section B: 8, 10, 11, 13, 14
Section C: 16, 17, 19, 20, 22
Section D: 23, 25, 26, 28, 30

Peg numbers for each section went in the bag this afternoon and Mrs Whisker has drawn teams as follows:

Section A (teams drawn from pegs 1, 2, 4, 5 & 7)
1st peg drawn went in Team 1
2nd peg drawn went in Team 2
3rd peg drawn went in Team 3
4th peg drawn went in Team 4
Last remaining peg from Section A went in Team 5

Repeated the above for Sections B, C & D.

Draw 8.45am prompt… if you’re late, we’ll tell you what peg you’re on. If you don’t know where the fishery is, postcode is LE9 7RF or let me know via PM and I’ll send you directions.

Fishing 11 til 4pm to give everyone chance to get to their pegs and set up comfortably. If everyone’s ready before 11am, I’ll call the ‘all in!’ so we can fish a bit longer.

2 sets of scales, 1 set will be on peg 30, weighing peg 30 down to 16.
Second set on peg 14, weighing pegs 14 down to 1 (Pegs 1 & 2 cannot weigh in on compassionate grounds).
Any help with weighing in greatly appreciated - the quicker we weigh in, the quicker we can tot up the team results and payout.

Last edited:

matt

Site Supporter
Oh rubbish, less than one week to go now...better start tying some rigs and extra long hooklengths!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.