Glebe Monday 4th July

Added to Calendar: 04/07/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
could owner not build a wall on far bank...so people like me can cast to wall and be where i want to be fishing?

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
I wish! Ive lost a few feeders there, Im keeping an eye for them coming up on eBay Roy has to pay for his annual Florida fishing trip somehow!

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
Are there any daft rules that stop me chucking into someones peg whos 6 pegs away if they are catching .
Just asking

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
pay particular attention to rule 14 :LOL:

When Fishing:

1. Hooks must be barbless, no crimped barbs and must be no larger than a regular size 10.

2. No free lining.

3. No bullying or mistreatment of fish.

4. No braided line.

5. No method fishing, including floating methods and feeders, no method, or emstat feeders

6. When feeder or straight lead fishing a tail of at least 20 inches or 50cm must hang below the feeder or lead. No tucking baits or hook lengths into feeders.

7. When pole fishing, there must be no deliberate disturbance to the water, no tapping the water, slapping & swinging rigs over the pole is not permitted, floats must be laid into the water, no cupping of water. Baits must be at least 6 inches or 15cm below the surface. Baits must not be held on the surface to intercept fish.

8. All floats must be of conventional design. No polyballs of any size and no ping pong ball rigs.

9. When waggler fishing, all wagglers must be attached by the base, no controllers, no bubble floats, no candles type floats, no slapping wagglers of the Gemini, Garbolino type. Pellet wagglers are permitted but must not cause excessive disturbance on retrieve, pellet wagglers must be fished as floats and not subsurface.

10. Elastic must be set loose, puller kits/bungs may be used but for safety reasons no handlining i.e. direct pulling of elastic from above the pole end.

11. No litter of any kind to be left around fishing area, clean up or any litter or you will not be weighed in.

12. All unused bait must be taken away or thrown into water, bait on the bank is litter and encourages vermin.

13. No gardening No trimming, trampling or interfering of any bank-side vegetation.

14. no putting any chriss in the keepnets by order of the management

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Wife went to physio today - she was a day late, got a little bit of stick from me, Anyway I have been telling her all week, I am fishing this Saturday and Sunday - Saturday at Mallory and Sunday at York. Even going to pick my Saturday bait up tomorrow, angling shop have saved me 50 big maggots. Now just seen it is MONDAY - at least I might have stood a chance if I had been the only one there.

Now to break the news to her!

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Ah, this is where his website rules dont necessarily match what he puts on his FB page or says pre match at his charity bashes so I wouldnt pay too much attention to the rules I reluctantly posted yesterday (post #174).

Hes happy to let you trim the far bank before a match (as long as your sensible). Near side - might be able to as long as you leave min. 12 high vegetation??

The rules posted on page 1 Ive gleaned from his FB postings pre charity matches and festivals, so not necessarily all inclusive but most likely the main Glebe rules.

legs230258

Site Supporter
Is anyone having a breakfast somewhere close to the fishery ? Never been to the Glebe before, but would appreciate a good breakfast to start the day off.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rule 15. All anglers called Chris must smile at all times while on the fishery, especially if posing for a weigh-in shot. :ROFLMAO:

Chris.jpg

Whisker

Proud Maggotdrowner
Site Supporter
Is anyone having a breakfast somewhere close to the fishery ? Never been to the Glebe before, but would appreciate a good breakfast to start the day off.
Re breakfast, I call in a McDonalds I pass on the way.
Someones previously mentioned a walk in Premier Inn brekkie at Leicester Forest but in terms of local breakfast cafes near the Glebe, I cant think of any (Im not local).

Status
Not open for further replies.