Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Carbon all day, for strength and seem better for playing a fish under the tip IMHO[;)]

midge99

Carbon, but glass tips have their uses. I use them on bream venues if it is windy it just make the bites easier to spot

simo

i use both,carbon for flowing water,glass for stillwater

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
how do they react differently for same oz rating?

simo

In my experience 1oz carbon is always stiffer than 1oz glass

thetraveller

I tend not to use glass as it is brittle, too fragile and doesn't bend. Double glazed might be a bit stronger but I doubt it will help with bite indication. Also if it breaks the splinters can be very sharp.

Stick with that flexible stuff thay used to make fishing rods out of in the 70's.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by thetraveller

I tend not to use glass as it is brittle, too fragile and doesn't bend. Double glazed might be a bit stronger but I doubt it will help with bite indication. Also if it breaks the splinters can be very sharp.

Stick with that flexible stuff thay used to make fishing rods out of in the 70's.
You must be useing difrent tip to me.

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
9 times out of ten i use glass, but carbon for fishing big bombs for 150 yard casts

i always like to use a really soft rod, the shimano one ive got with a 2 ounce glass tip wrenches round when a bite on the method is shown, and to absorb lunges you often get under the rod tip, but its powerful enough to cast a small korum feeder lightly loaded with groundbait 100 meters

Status
Not open for further replies.